Guardiola rules out any January signings.

The CL KO stages start again on 18–19 & 25–26 February 2020. The defence will be last season's defence by that time, in fact it should be stronger as we will have Cancelo (I assume Laporte will be back by then, and there are no more injuries).
That may well be true but according to the same article Fernandinho stays at centre back. The inescapable truth is he is most definitely not a centre back and we are missing him so much in midfield. This, and the injuries, have lead to our under par performances this season.

Only 3 teams conceded less and 16 have conceded more, but we’re a “fucking joke” at the back are we? Getting a bit tired of pundits & some supporters being wise after the event and telling everyone now how it was so obvious we should have got VVD and if we did how everything would now be hunky dory. I’m not sure Pep is the one looking like a smart arse here tbh.
Get as tired as you like mate, every team who attacks us looks like they will score, did I say sign vvd? No someone pointed out it's hard to buy centre halfs or players in January as they are expensive because they are in the champions league, I pointed out that's not the case, and we are vulnerable at the back wether you like it or not, and I don't think it's wise after the event to suggest we needed strengthening at the back in the summer, we have an Argentinean centre half sat on the bench while we have a Brazilian ball winning midfielder playing centre half, great plan, so if the manager knew in the summer he couldn't trust the players who are actually defenders to play at the back if we got an injury then he should have got rid in the summer and brought in players he feels he can trust to play in the correct position, so pep is looking the smart arse and his little plan failed

This seems dumb but I'm assuming what it means is that the players we were potentially interested in are unobtainable in January. Txiki and co aren't blind, they know we need help.

This seems dumb but I'm assuming what it means is that the players we were potentially interested in are unobtainable in January. Txiki and co aren't blind, they know we need help.

Most probably exactly that. If player you want is not available in January, but you think he might be in the summer, than it's more than logical to wait for six months and not buy the lesser quality and pay his wages for next 5 years. Even if it means not getting result in some competition.

Running a successful club is a long game, fans would bankrupt or relegate any club in few years.

I support this 100%

No point in buying in January untill you are getting your prised target and not many top players would be available anyways.

Wait till the summer window and then we need to address the key areas properly, a tall striker, cb, and a lb is a must

Play Garcia and Stones at the back. Garcia is not a 15yr old he is about 19/20. He is ready but Pep is stubborn and has to keep his faves in the team. Get Fern back in midfield and Stones and Garcia as center backs. Start Foden as well.

Play Garcia and Stones at the back. Garcia is not a 15yr old he is about 19/20. He is ready but Pep is stubborn and has to keep his faves in the team. Get Fern back in midfield and Stones and Garcia as center backs. Start Foden as well.
Gen question doc. Exactly how do you know Garcia is ready, what are you basing that assertion on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.