Guardiola rules out any January signings.

It was a bad mistake, he would have been an invaluable squad member even without Kompany's departure and the Laporte injury.

As other people have stated not all our players have to be worldies, good quality, low maintenance players make excellent additions to our squad.
There is a danger here that we are forgetting that JFE was a fucking rag, and not a world class rag like Tevez. Also, the rags clearly thought Phil Jones was better and I don't see anyone suggesting a cheeky January bid for him

It was a bad mistake, he would have been an invaluable squad member even without Kompany's departure and the Laporte injury.

As other people have stated not all our players have to be worldies, good quality, low maintenance players make excellent additions to our squad.

I agree, they don't all have to be world stars, but it wasn't a bad mistake, because at the time we weren't going to sign two. It was clearly going to be only one, and we chose Laporte. A vastly better option.

I agree, they don't all have to be world stars, but it wasn't a bad mistake, because at the time we weren't going to sign two. It was clearly going to be only one, and we chose Laporte. A vastly better option.
I personally think it was a bad mistake, Stones has gone missing during the last 2 seasons when required, Otto has been in decline for 12 months, Kompany was injury prone and in the twilight of his career and Laporte was outstanding.
JFE would have been a cheap, low maintenance , excellent addition. He has proved an outstanding signing for Leicester and there is a serious argument that he has been the signing of the season. Leicester have banked 80m for Maguire , signed Johnny and improved, fair play to them.

We're actually on target to score more goals than last season or the centurions season.

I believe we've scored more than any other team in the top 5 leagues around Europe.

Don't think goals are the problem.
Well we have certainly dropped more points this year because we are losing or drawing when we should have won ie despite the record numbers of goals to date there are not enough of them.
We are now vulnerable in defense so why not ask our attack to be more accurate with the many shots they need to eventually get a goal?
Alternatively or even concurrently, until we are as confident in defense as last season, change to a more defensive game because we will certainly leak goals.

There is a danger here that we are forgetting that JFE was a fucking rag, and not a world class rag like Tevez. Also, the rags clearly thought Phil Jones was better and I don't see anyone suggesting a cheeky January bid for him
Idiotic argument, Tevez was never a RAG, he was on loan, and I don't care if Johnny ever played for the RAG's , that was a long, long time ago. He was never a true out and out red, ala Keane, Beckham, Hughes etc.

And Man Utd are a good judge of talent? JE maybe associated with Man Utd but he's proven to be a very competent central defender.

twosips is probably right about JE v Laporte. I remember who we have been linked to but forget the timings.

And Man Utd are a good judge of talent? JE maybe associated with Man Utd but he's proven to be a very competent central defender.

twosips is probably right about JE v Laporte. I remember who we have been linked to but forget the timings.
I think one of the reasons the Rags got rif of Johnny F was due to a terrible injury record, which he has improved beyond all recognition as he has got older.

I personally think it was a bad mistake, Stones has gone missing during the last 2 seasons when required, Otto has been in decline for 12 months, Kompany was injury prone and in the twilight of his career and Laporte was outstanding.
JFE would have been a cheap, low maintenance , excellent addition. He has proved an outstanding signing for Leicester and there is a serious argument that he has been the signing of the season. Leicester have banked 80m for Maguire , signed Johnny and improved, fair play to them.

...but as I keep saying, it was clearly him or Laporte at that time. Hardly a mistake was it?

...but as I keep saying, it was clearly him or Laporte at that time. Hardly a mistake was it?
Very true and thanks for reminding me about Laporte/Evans I forgot about the timing.

Laporte was an outstanding signing, but we really need to find him a quality long term partner and a quality back up.

I simply don't trust Stones and Otto is finished.

Have to say I am a little surprised but mainly because i was fully expecting Sane to be off to Bayen, I can't see us allowing him to go and not replacing him so I guess he will be with us until the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.