Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

I like Walker, but I think if you can find a very fast, pretty physical RB with decent technical skills, they could do his role.

He does have very obvious flaws in the final third but he's one of the best defenders in the world when defending half the pitch with a high line.
I guess you could teach others the role, but he plays DM, CB and RWB in one game for us - it's not so much the physical/technical ability to do that, it's the tactical understanding of when to do it

Played well and first game in a while I've enjoyed watching - has to be said that we weren't challenged an awful lot but all down to the aggression in the back 2 and Rodri.

No changes needed for the weekends game, just need to keep a bit of momentum and performances and see where we end up at the start of the year.

That was much more like it! with the caveat that Burnley were awful (but our possession game made them awful) that was one of the better performances this season.

I was hugely critical of Gabreil Jesus at weekend having said he needs to step up more if he wants to establish himself - thats the level of performance that he needs on a regular basis - he now has a chance in a derby to solidify it more.

Rodri - Im hoping that settles the argument about who is better in that position. The difference between him and Gundogan is chalk and cheese in every respect (even forgetting the goal he is far superior)

Angelino - should start the derby over Mendy - he should be the first chice left back on current form.

KDB finally looks like he is getting to 100%

B. Silva - after being probably one of the top performers last season he has struggled but tonight he started to show what he was last season.

Passing and movement off the ball was so much better, crisp and clinical

Excellent performance all around. We just need to maintain that over the winter until we get Laporte back and then we can see what will happen.

Only caught last 25 mins but loved seeing Angelino wide and Sterling room to come inside.

Also, mahrez had only a short amount of time, but got a goal from a central position. He has scored many goals on his weaker foot too, Pep has to play him more central, or set us up so he can. So even if he plays RW he NEEDS freedom inside. I bet he could play false 9 very well also.
Needs Bernado inside & Marhrez out wide. They both switch so much, which causes defences headaches, and as you say, allows Mahrez to thrive.

Kdb higher up the pitch, Rodrigo in for gundy and a left back who has a brain. That was the difference compared to the weekend.

Best performance of the season so far,no mendy and gundo, coincidence? Well done City, bring on them bastards on Saturday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.