#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing what starting regular can do for young striker who thrives of confidence, he's not the only one in the team with that trait before you say he shouldn't need that.

I wasn’t going to say anything but my position is pretty straightforward - he looked a threat tonight whereas all too often over the past year he hasn’t looked a threat at all.

I wasn’t going to say anything but my position is pretty straightforward - he looked a threat tonight whereas all too often over the past year he hasn’t looked a threat at all.
Well as stand out as this performance is, you're not telling me he has been poor for the past year surely? He hasn't been starting regular is my point. This is his first free run of games he's had in a long while. I'm also aware it's only one game but that's kind of the point, it's what those: "he's not a striker"/"Rodri's not good enough" know it alls do all the time.

I wasn't going to say anything either but I think it's times like this that people should reflect on their hastiness to write players off the most. Maybe that pic was overkill, it just made me chuckle when I found it. I'm pretty sure even the doubters would be happy to be proved wrong, as that will be better for the team.

Last edited:
2 great goals - Sergio wouldn't have scored either of them (not that I'm slagging Sergio off in any way)
True, but then again Jesus is never going to be able to thundercsunt it into the near post despite the keeper having it covered like Aguero does.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but it's a more general point about when people say he'll never replace Aguero. And I agree with them. There's things Kun can do that no other player on the planet can do, asking Jesus to replicate it will be a tall order.
But what he will be is Jesus, a top class striker with his own bag of tricks that HOPEFULLY can have some kind of impacting legacy.

On another note, I'm fairly sure the first goal classes as self-made, so we can chill on that front for now.

He needs a run of games to get back into the groove. His movement tonight was exceptional and that first goal was pure class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.