Amazon prime

Loved the amazon coverage, no bias in commentary or reporting, positive pieces about both teams and managers (all warranted) and the ability to turn off commentary too wow !!!

Great coverage shame it’s only two of our games per year currently.

As for the slight delay - only the bbc have worked out how to manage packet deliver in a manner that means streaming is in line with broadcast delays - they can’t even implement it fully yet (its one of my deliver teams working on it with them). So suspect it’s turn off your alerts for about two years while the rest play catch up.

And indeed, just a couple of clicks away from the main feed lay a glimpse of just where Amazon may be taking this. Squirreled away on a page called “Audio Languages” was an option to turn off the commentary entirely by selecting the “Stadium Atmosphere” feed. The effect was immediately startling. Jefferson Lerma chugged away in near silence. Wilfried Zaha drifted from touchline to touchline entirely unencumbered by comment. It felt like peering into a weird, noiseless future. Perhaps it will not surprise you to learn that Jeff Bezos likes to start meetings at Amazon with half an hour of complete silence.

I am not sure it was the writer's intention, but he sold it to me big time!

Is this where HDR comes in?
High Dynamic Range.

Seems like it's a recent format designed to make 4k look even better BUT can make it look worse on some TVs (maybe non HD or cheap brands?).

On my TV, one selected stream last night (City) and tonight (Dippers) is labelled with a miniscule white banner top left saying UHD, whereas the others are not. I'm assuming these are just 1080p but may still have HDR, if I've got that right.

https://uk.pcmag.com/tvs-home-theater/71182/what-is-hdr-high-dynamic-range

Shouldn't have done it, everyone screams about Liverpool fans lacking class, and he tweets that. Richard Keys would say 'just banter', but anyone like Trev with a public profile, pundit etc, should know that tweeting stuff like that is probably not a clever thing to do.
Well I for one am shocked that the Liverpool fan pretending to be a city fan is not happy.

Is this where HDR comes in?
HD just means more pixels for the same picture ie better definition particularly for larger tv when viewed from closer distances.
Some upscalers are better than others so guess missing pixels better. If camera used is 4k then pixels are original and truely reflect original.
HDR is something different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.