Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to all the afore mentioned fouls that went unpunished, the D.Mail picked up one I hadn't spotted. Close to the end, Moise Kean is just about to shoot when Hertz van Rental screams in his ear trying to put him off. "Engaging in the dark arts of defending are not beneath him"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...il-van-Dijk-puts-Moise-Kean-SHOUTING-him.html
I did manage to spot Milner looking at Richarlison out of the corner of his eye late in first half. All the rs are at it.

It seems the amount of decisions/good fortune or whatever you want to phrase it as, is being called in to question because of the frequency it is occurring, by football fans only

One of the biggest issues is the media do not want to report it, like the stamp, the elbow and whatever else played out last night, I am yet to see any of it reported or called in to question

The reason for this is last season, over the course of the xmas period where liverpool opened up a 7pt lead the media and pundits started to dream about the title going to anfield. They had already started writing their romance articles and how liverpool had finally ended 29 years of hurt to lift a premier league title

That got stone-walled as soon as their lead crumbled and we went on to retain the title from their grasp - it ruined what the media wanted to publish

If they do go on to win the title then the media will finally get what they want - to publish their romance articles. So anything that stands in the way of this happening or anything that remotely calls in to question results/decisions that should have gone against them, will not be highlighted at all

yep, Liverpool wining the title is the biggest story for PL in long, long time. I guess they have as much written articles and hours of documentaries ready as for Queen's death. Money coming from all sides to media and PL. Wet dream.

When that is done, few years of less blatant cheating while waiting for Rags to build a team that could challenge foe a title and repeat. Not 30 years waiting but 15 would do.

Isn't it referred to as "verbal obstruction"?

Looking at the laws from a couple of years back (the last one I have to hand), it's under unsporting behaviour

Cautions for unsporting behaviour
There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player:
• verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart

I note the 'must' there.

Edit: it's still in this year's laws. I do have a copy!

I don’t think they are brilliant, I think they are playing knowing they can stretch the rules without punishment. Imagine being able to foul & handball & know you won’t be punished whilst knowing that your opponents can’t go near you without fear of being punished.

Terrence Trent will go away with England & think he’s a world beater but will get roasted cos he’ll get pulled up for the shit that gets ignored. If you don’t believe watch back Gary Neville in an England team.
and rooney

Looking at the laws from a couple of years back (the last one I have to hand), it's under unsporting behaviour

Cautions for unsporting behaviour
There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player:
• verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart

I note the 'must' there.

Edit: it's still in this year's laws. I do have a copy!

Yes might still be in this years laws but have you read the laws that dipperpool are playing to !

Seeing as a national newspaper has picked up on this will the fa investigate, and the stamp and elbow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.