Manchester United (H) - Pre-Match Thread

United (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make no mistake this will be a tough game. They’ve beat Leicester, Chelsea, spurs and are the only team to take points from Liverpool. They’re perfectly suited to play against the big teams right now by just sitting in and waiting for counters with pace. They struggle breaking down teams of a similar level because their style is garbage and most of their players are too and lack any tactical nous other than run quickly and chase the ball.

Don’t for a second expect this to happen but it would be interesting to see how the game would pan out if we just dropped back 15 yards, limited the space behind and dared them to play, they’re absolutely clueless when that happens.

Keep Rashford and James quiet and we will be half way there. We need the same intensity and tempo as Tuesday and apart from Stones for Otamendi I hope Pep keeps the same side. But fully expecting Gundogan to play.

And he scored and was the best player on the park.

it’s nice to see who our new boo boy is, refreshing as last year we struggled to really latch onto someone. Players like Dave and KDB can have awful, awful games and patches but are immune. Seems Gundo is the new Dzeko, Kolorov, Goater. Excellent.

Rewriting the history is strong here when Gundogan is the discussion theme. You'd think we lost each game we ever played with him on the pitch.

Make no mistake this will be a tough game. They’ve beat Leicester, Chelsea, spurs and are the only team to take points from Liverpool. They’re perfectly suited to play against the big teams right now by just sitting in and waiting for counters with pace. They struggle breaking down teams of a similar level because their style is garbage and most of their players are too and lack any tactical nous other than run quickly and chase the ball.

Don’t for a second expect this to happen but it would be interesting to see how the game would pan out if we just dropped back 15 yards, limited the space behind and dared them to play, they’re absolutely clueless when that happens.

Good post and very objective. This isn't the Fergie era rags with world class players, but as you say they have still beaten good teams and are set up to be effective on the counter. We will need to be wary of their pace and it is a derby game, one that most people will be writing them off for so added motivation for them.

That said they lack real quality and their league position is a reflection of this. They were dreadful against Sheffield United and West Ham. We need to be on our game and not underestimate them.

I agree though, if we were to sit back a little and give them some space I think we would rip them apart. Sterling and KDB exploiting that space would be lethal. Unfortunately I think it will be a more attritional game than that but one we should win. I'm hoping we get an early goal, force them to attack and then pick them off when the game opens up.

As much as last nights performance was brilliant, too soon to be demanding the same team imo. Need to see recoveries and fitness levels during the week.

Yup. Merlin’s highly unlikely to start after putting in a hard 90 minutes and getting booted around Turf Moor on Tuesday. Pep will overlook Foden :-( and start Gundo instead. Despite the hoo-ha on here, it’s not an irrational decision and Gundo won’t lose us the derby.

I certainly go with the flow on Angelino v Mendy. The latter has looked like a shuffling old man in recent times whereas we looked much more lively on the left on Tuesday.

Barring unforeseen slow recoveries, I expect just the one change.

Last edited:
The uplift in tempo and performance from the Burnley game compared to the previous handful of games, leaves me with the conclusion we should now just start with the same 11 for this game. You keep your place, time to ‘keep the momentum’. Any drop off in performance and that player can be subbed off.

The uplift in tempo and performance from the Burnley game compared to the previous handful of games, leaves me with the conclusion we should now just start with the same 11 for this game. You keep your place, time to ‘keep the momentum’. Any drop off in performance and that player can be subbed off.
Yes there is no reason to change a winning team,let them settle,dave can do 45,changing it from game to game is one of the most annoying things that pep does,if i see gundy and mendy i might just go to the pub instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.