Post Match Thread - United (h)

One comment on VAR yesterday, I do think we should have had a penalty for the Fred handball. I played in goal many many times of many years and had to go to ground in one on ones countless times; I never put may hand down to break my "fall" because I was trying to put them where the ball was going to go. Nice save Fred!
Spot on mate that excuse is embarrassing but when it’s getting so blatant they have to resort to more and more outrageous excuses.

Reactions: OB1
Ridiculous but all of a sudden Delph at LB doesn’t seem that bad .... a real issue and is one which I fully expect opposing managers to continue to exploit

I agree 100% about our tiredness being due to two high-intensity seasons. I can't see how that makes it our best chance to win the CL. - We still have to clinch top four and Pep is such a perfectionist he certainly won't sacrifice the domestic cups to win the CL.

I believe it will be easier for the team to up the intensity for a specific competition rather than every game, plus laporte will be back, massive boost

Every fan I spoke to ( sensible fans, not the ones going “ they’re fuckin shit we will batter them ) said they will cause us problems with their pace if we play like we do, I’ve read Peps book and heard these stories about him being meticulous over every aspect yet he did absolutely fuck all to nullify their threat.

you have him as manager and you’ll be happy, attacking lovely football and loads of goals and he’s the best we’ve had but he is fuckin clueless on what to do if plan A fails

Every fan I spoke to ( sensible fans, not the ones going “ they’re fuckin shit we will batter them ) said they will cause us problems with their pace if we play like we do, I’ve read Peps book and heard these stories about him being meticulous over every aspect yet he did absolutely fuck all to nullify their threat.

you have him as manager and you’ll be happy, attacking lovely football and loads of goals and he’s the best we’ve had but he is fuckin clueless on what to do if plan A fails
The first ten minutes was clear to see that they were causing us real problems on the break, He did absolutely nothing tactically to stop that from happening, The spaces between the back four and midfield was outrageous. They were able to cut us open with one pass to completely by pass the midfield and have a run at the back 4.

When you see players with pace running at Angelino and Stones you get worried. Unfortunately they need to be protected with two holding midfield players.

Oh good grief. I'm afraid your post sums up some of the levels of cluelessness spouted on this thread, forum etc

If you think Pep didn't have a plan to deal with their pace, you have not paid attention. The problem Pep and every manager faces is that a perfectly good plan can be fouled up by 11 guys failing to execute it properly.

Again, you've not been paying attention if you don't spot the number of times Pep adjust things, for example at HT, and resolves problems that appeared in the game. Yesterday was a case in point: City have much better control of their counter attacks in the second half, that may have been in part the Rags sitting more on their lead but I'm sure it was also down to corrections Pep made to his team.

We miss Vinny's leadership. Not only on the pitch, but in the dressing room, around the training ground, etc etc. Crock or not, when he was around, he would not have stood for what happened yestrday, on or off the pitch.
Completely agree, but his leadership has not been replaced, we also miss Delph for that reason ( not on the pitch), he had a major presence in the dressing room and training ground, very vocal, he was not scared to question players or management.

Oh good grief. I'm afraid your post sums up some of the levels of cluelessness spouted on this thread, forum etc

If you think Pep didn't have a plan to deal with their pace, you have not paid attention. The problem Pep and every manager faces is that a perfectly good plan can be fouled up by 11 guys failing to execute it properly.

Again, you've not been paying attention if you don't spot the number of times Pep adjust things, for example at HT, and resolves problems that appeared in the game. Yesterday was a case in point: City have much better control of their counter attacks in the second half, that may have been in part the Rags sitting more on their lead but I'm sure it was also down to corrections Pep made to his team.

come to planet earth mate, they were 2 up and sat deeper, the clueless ones just happened to know what was going to happen fella, the amount of times I saw Angelino or Walker stood in the middle of the park just behind the strikers was ridiculous, what the fuck are they doing there ? Do they ever help or create from that position? No, just get in your full back position then when we lose the ball we’re not completely fucked, playing Peps way we could’ve been 4 down at half time

come to planet earth mate, they were 2 up and sat deeper, the clueless ones just happened to know what was going to happen fella, the amount of times I saw Angelino or Walker stood in the middle of the park just behind the strikers was ridiculous, what the fuck are they doing there ? Do they ever help or create from that position? No, just get in your full back position then when we lose the ball we’re not completely fucked, playing Peps way we could’ve been 4 down at half time
Who told Walker and Angelino to take up those positions and if they weren’t told why didn’t it stop ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.