Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

Pep has a system, he plays that system regardless of the players, I hope Pep needs find a solution. The current one isn't working.

Personally I think he will, but we've been found out without Laporte and look a total shambles at the back against any type of pace. Transition is far to slow, it's taking us far to long, giving the opposition a chance to get numbers and shape back.

We're to easy to play against, to slow, to obvious and nothing changes. Same cut backs, same crosses, same old story.

Pace in midfield is no where to be seen, all beautiful footballers, but are being hit hard due to compact defending and left for dead when the ball is lost.

A change is needed, at least until the system has its key players back.

That's far too pessimistic. Stones and Laporte were oustanding for much of last season. Why do you say Stones head has gone? His problem is that he is forever injured. He just can't get a run in the side. Laporte is a world class player. Garcia and Harwood Bellis are fine prospects. I don't see a problem there.

Losing Mendy who was a world class left back was hard but we survived it first through the form of Delph and then Zinchenko. Zinchenko is under-rated because he didn't cost £50m.

Why doesn't Rodri fill Fern's shoes. He's slow but so was Xabi Alonso.

Jesus is an oustanding young player. We'd be foolish to let such a talented young player go. He needs supply. At the moment we're struggling to do that because KDB is not quite at the level he was whilst David Silva's legs have gone.

We have the same problem that Pellegrini had when Yaya reached the end of his days. The team has become unbalanced but I don't think it will take much to put right.
Stone's head has gone west for the last 2 seasons, Kompany was chosen for a reason at the business end of last season, why , because Johny can't be trusted in action.

He is leaving us in a worse position than he found us in.

OMG. If you think our team is finished because we’ve had a bad run - mainly owing to key injuries - you’re a snowflake.
Despite this, we’re still 3rd in the league & in all cups - having already won one trophy.
Players back in the new year in time for next CL rounds.

That’s bullshit. Remember he inherited a squad with loads of old players, and players that didn’t suit his style: Zaba, Sagna, Fernando, Navas, Nasri, Mangala, Kolarov, Hart, Demichelis, Delph, Clichy, Caballero, Iheanacho and Bony
There is a big parallel to his first season, however, we have gone halfway down the route to replacing the aging players. I would like Pep to extend his deal to see the job through.

OMG. If you think our team is finished because we’ve had a bad run - mainly owing to key injuries - you’re a snowflake.
Despite this, we’re still 3rd in the league & in all cups - having already won one trophy.
Players back in the new year in time for next CL rounds.
There's more to this than injury. The defence is rendered dysfunctional due to injury but there are no injuries in midfield, and three times in close succession our midfield has been completely over-powered and blown away by Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd in the opening 30 minutes of a game. In the Chelsea game we got a lucky equaliser and injury forced us to bring fresh legs on which helped us.

It's injury and aged players.

The first sorts itself out, the second maybe problematic.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.