Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

OMG. If you think our team is finished because we’ve had a bad run - mainly owing to key injuries - you’re a snowflake.
Despite this, we’re still 3rd in the league & in all cups - having already won one trophy.
Players back in the new year in time for next CL rounds.

In all cups... The FA hasn’t even started for us yet. Any money says he won’t lift the CL this season.

It's going to take two summers to rectify what needs changing in the squad.

In all cups... The FA hasn’t even started for us yet. Any money says he won’t lift the CL this season.
We wont win the CL if we play that defence and that midfield in the latter stages. We'd have to get lucky. Mind you Spurs did, or almost did. Their luck held to the final.

Stones is shit, he’s done here.

This was a huge season for Stones with Kompany gone. He’s just not stepped up - he played well in patches in his time here but never sustained it for any period longer than 3 months. Unfortunately you can’t build a central defence around someone with his injury record and erratic form. Think it is time to move him on in the summer. Had really high hopes for him but at the highest level I don’t think he’s mentally tough enough.

its a huge job considering we need

Two centre backs (one to replace Kompanya and one to replace stones - his head is gone!)

Two left backs - (how ong has that been said for!????!!!) BOth are absolute dogshite

A replacement for ferna (even with Rodri) - once he leaves thats a huge hole int he squad to fill

A replacement for David Silva - Foden clearly isnt ready if we are to trust our manager (which i do)

A replacememtn for GJ - id personally sell him to a european team - he would do well in the spannish or Italian leagues.

A replacement for Kun - an almost impossible task!

Thats a shit load of work...maybe we can delay the replacement for Ferna and Kun one more season after this but the rest are urgent especially the defensive ones - and to counter my own statement, Id say getting the replacement for ferna in now while he is still here is just as important.

Add to all that the very very strong almost certainty of losing Leroy Sane - how do you replace him..the option being floated about (if true) are truly uninspiring!)

the question is are the kids ready?

Foden, Garcia, Taylor HB - but there are still hugegaps even if they are ready and good enough and thats two very big IF's
we will get decent money for Jesus, Sane ( i dont want him to leave but its clear he wants out) and maybe some money bak on Mendy but nowhere near what we paid for him....we may reoup the money on Angelino.

We would get little to nothing for Otto as well so there are big financial implications as well to this.

And that’s where FFP has f***ed us.

Sheikh Mansour would have ploughed his money into doing that.

Now like every other club, we’re ‘forced’ to work under FFP rules and a level playing field, brought in by the cartel cubs (and UEFA) who were petrified of City’s spending power.

It's going to take two summers to rectify what needs changing in the squad.
Perhaps start by identifying what needs changing in the squad.

Pep sorted the defence out in one Summer.

Now the midfield has gone: Fern and Silva. Their replacements are I believe already at the club in Rodri and Foden but perhaps Foden is going to take many years to reach full potential. Meanwhile, collectively other players will have to step up.

This was a huge season for Stones with Kompany gone. He’s just not stepped up - he played well in patches in his time here but never sustained it for any period longer than 3 months. Unfortunately you can’t build a central defence around someone with his injury record and erratic form. Think it is time to move him on in the summer. Had really high hopes for him but at the highest level I don’t think he’s mentally tough enough.
I think back to what he was like at Everton in his breakthrough season and the player we purchased, he was 10 times the player back then than he is now. He’s regressed so badly it’s incredible - he’s been here 3 and a 1/2 years now.

Sane, Sterling and Jesus are the fastest forward line in the Premier League

Laporte and Stones are quick enough

Foden comes in for Silva when ready. In terms of pace, job done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.