The Boxing thread

Shit fight Joshua Vs Ruiz Jr 2: was 100% expecting Joshua to box the way he did but like most I've spoken to was extremely underwhelmed by Ruiz... if he came in at that weight in the first fight he'd have had no chance, his handspeed was decent still but with the extra weight and slower footwork it may as well have been Eric 'Butterbean' Esch Joshua was in the ring with except Ruiz doesn't pack his one punch KO.

I was extremely impressed with Ruiz Jr. in the first fight and in other fights I've seen him in... and thought with preparation he'd be even better but he was as much a disgraceful defending champ as I've seen, the way he came in so much heavier for the rematch what the hell was he expecting to happen... in my opinion he was unprofessional and doesn't deserve a rematch he should have to knuckle down for a year or 2 and face other contenders before he gets another crack at a title.

I think the biggest question that has to be asked is not Joshua's tactics but the disgraceful conditioning of Ruiz Jr, the man basically didn't look like he'd trained for the fight.
Andy Ruiz jnr never in his wildest dreams thought he would be heavyweight champion in the first place so and rightly so he has milked it and changed his life I mean isn’t that the reason they fight anyway. I doubt he was bothered whether he won or lost tbh because he is secure for life . He will now go back to selling stadiums out with non boxing fans fighting bums because that is the new boxing way. Let’s look at his options now
1.third fight with Ruiz jnr makes sense as every fighter needs a trilogy and he is only 1-1 at the moment . Good pay check for Ruiz jnr aswell.
2.usyk. He will want to stay clear of usyk because the movement of him will baffle Joshua.
3 Tyson fury . If Tyson is on song it would be an easy nights work for him.
4. Wilder . Joshua will avoid wilder now as he would have to go to war with him and that won’t end well .
5.whyte. Another dangerous fight for Joshua because of the bad blood which whyte would use to lure Joshua into a war.
6.ortiz , pulev , povetkin , hughie fury . Probable opponents as they are names and easy wins.
7.dubios and hunter and hrgovic . Good young fighters who would all beat Joshua .
Not much out there for Joshua tbh so Eddie will really have to do a good job for him now .

He was fighting Andy Ruiz jnr fella not one of the best around . Andy Ruiz jnr fought the fight of his life in June but he isn’t anywhere near elite level but then again neither is Joshua .
Dear me. So if Joshua isn’t elite then who is ?

I think the biggest question that has to be asked is not Joshua's tactics but the disgraceful conditioning of Ruiz Jr, the man basically didn't look like he'd trained for the fight.
Maybe he’s the only top heavyweight who doesn’t juice hence his dad bod.

Yeah but to come in 16 lbs heavier than the 1st fight is a disgrace.
Disgrace is a bit strong. He went 12 rounds with an elite heavyweight. That suggests his conditioning wasn’t disgraceful. Boxing history is awash with such situations. Was Duran a disgrace for the condition he was in for the Leonard rematch ? Jacking after a few rounds might be viewed as disgraceful and he’s a hall of famer. It’s all relative.

Dear me. So if Joshua isn’t elite then who is ?
None of them fella . I can’t think of one really great heavyweight compared to what’s gone before . This is the worst crop of heavyweights in many a year and it’s only competitive because no one stands out . I do like usyk but can’t comment to much until I’ve seen more from him as an heavyweight. Wilder is very exiting and can turn your lights off at any time but has very little skill level .tyson fury is great for boxing but I don’t think we may see him fight again as the wilder fight is still not signed I don’t think . Joshua is a good world champion at best.

None of them fella . I can’t think of one really great heavyweight compared to what’s gone before . This is the worst crop of heavyweights in many a year and it’s only competitive because no one stands out . I do like usyk but can’t comment to much until I’ve seen more from him as an heavyweight. Wilder is very exiting and can turn your lights off at any time but has very little skill level .tyson fury is great for boxing but I don’t think we may see him fight again as the wilder fight is still not signed I don’t think . Joshua is a good world champion at best.
AJ is elite now and that’s all that counts. Disagree about this crop - I think it’s the best for a quarter of a century. I love Usyk’s skill set but I have reservations about him (he had to work very hard to get rid of a very limited Bellew) and don’t think he punches hard enough to stop the super heavys just walking through him. Wilder gets bad press but he’s improved massively and shows decent skill - walking a Cuban craftsman onto that right hand doesn’t happen by accident. Tyson will fight wilder and AJ within the next 18months. We’re in the middle of the best era ever for heavyweight boxing from a British standpoint - enjoy the ride man !

Andy Ruiz jnr never in his wildest dreams thought he would be heavyweight champion in the first place so and rightly so he has milked it and changed his life I mean isn’t that the reason they fight anyway. I doubt he was bothered whether he won or lost tbh because he is secure for life . He will now go back to selling stadiums out with non boxing fans fighting bums because that is the new boxing way. Let’s look at his options now
1.third fight with Ruiz jnr makes sense as every fighter needs a trilogy and he is only 1-1 at the moment . Good pay check for Ruiz jnr aswell.
2.usyk. He will want to stay clear of usyk because the movement of him will baffle Joshua.
3 Tyson fury . If Tyson is on song it would be an easy nights work for him.
4. Wilder . Joshua will avoid wilder now as he would have to go to war with him and that won’t end well .
5.whyte. Another dangerous fight for Joshua because of the bad blood which whyte would use to lure Joshua into a war.
6.ortiz , pulev , povetkin , hughie fury . Probable opponents as they are names and easy wins.
7.dubios and hunter and hrgovic . Good young fighters who would all beat Joshua .
Not much out there for Joshua tbh so Eddie will really have to do a good job for him now .

Mate try a different sport. That was the worst take ever.

His next two opponents will be pulev then the Usyk if he can get them both in in time. Fury and Wilder will fight twice next year I reckon.

There is absolutely no way there will be a third fight in the next couple of years, there’s too many big fights ahead and Ruiz is 1- too dangerous and 2- stupid. He fucked it for himself last night. He’s gonna have to rebuild. A fight v Whyte would be big because they’re both gonna be locked out of title shots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.