Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

Put Stones alongside Laporte and he will be fine. He'll develop. As will Jesus. Players personality develops over time. Who was KDB at CFC?
Maybe Stones should wake up and become his own man instead of relying on Laporte or Kompany to keep bailing him out. He isn't good enough, too much time being a footballer than playing football.

Put Stones alongside Laporte and he will be fine. He'll develop. As will Jesus. Players personality develops over time. Who was KDB at CFC?

and thats why Stones is mentally weak...you could put kompany or Laporte alongside anyoen and they elad....Stones doesnt - we need better than fine

Jesus has had numerous chances now with injuries to Serigo over the last few seasons - he isnt a patch on Kun when he first arrived - he doesnt frighten defenders, does dig the team out of trouble with goals when really needed, doesnt take the game by the scruff of the neck and rarely scores goals out of nothing (which Kun does) - thats what we need and he aint showing it

Maybe Stones should wake up and become his own man instead of relying on Laporte or Kompany to keep bailing him out. He isn't good enough, too much time being a footballer than playing football.
He needs Laporte back. Then he'll play his best football. Maybe he will develop into the defender you want over time.

He's a top defender. Don't write him off. We should support our players when they need it. He needs it.

There's more to this than injury. The defence is rendered dysfunctional due to injury but there are no injuries in midfield, and three times in close succession our midfield has been completely over-powered and blown away by Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd in the opening 30 minutes of a game. In the Chelsea game we got a lucky equaliser and injury forced us to bring fresh legs on which helped us.

It's injury and aged players.

The first sorts itself out, the second maybe problematic.

I agree. But the post was really in answer to the original poster’s comment that half the team need a rocket. Nobody’s saying the team is immune from being refreshed

In all cups... The FA hasn’t even started for us yet. Any money says he won’t lift the CL this season.

Love your support. Holders of all domestic cups. Top of CL group, what more could we do given the absence of key players?

You don't need pace in that position. You need above all to be able to pass and read the game. He can.
You are not wrong, but it seems to me that the game is getting even quicker with ultra fast transitions. If we lose the ball, we must be able to "get there."

We have two ready made replacements for Dave Silva in Bernardo and Phil Foden

I don't understand why Mahrez gets such a hard time when IMO he should be one of the first names on the team sheet
Yes he blows a bit hot and cold (as Sane does) but he's never had a sustained run in the team

The left back position needs addressing at the end of the season. I don't think we can write Mendy off until then. If he's not performing by then he has to go

I agree on Bernardo but Pep doesnt ever seem to play him centrally even when he has had the opportuniy to...he has been filling in int he wide right position - and if he goes central (whch is fine by me) then we have to replace Mahrez who isnt what we need in any sense of the imagination

He needs Laporte back. Then he'll play his best football. Maybe he will develop into the defender you want over time.

He's a top defender. Don't write him off. We should support our players when they need it. He needs it.
Sorry mate ive backed him since he arrived, been waiting for him to develop and its not happening. He will be gone in the summer.

and thats why Stones is mentally weak...you could put kompany or Laporte alongside anyoen and they elad....Stones doesnt - we need better than fine

Jesus has had numerous chances now with injuries to Serigo over the last few seasons - he isnt a patch on Kun when he first arrived - he doesnt frighten defenders, does dig the team out of trouble with goals when really needed, doesnt take the game by the scruff of the neck and rarely scores goals out of nothing (which Kun does) - thats what we need and he aint showing it

I've seen enough off Jesus to believe he is a really top player. City weren't at the races against Utd. Our main tactic was getting the ball wide to Angelino and KDB and get them to fore crosses in. That really was meat and drink for a packed man Utd defence. I don't rate Shaw and Bissaka but they are decent at stopping crosses.

Love your support. Holders of all domestic cups. Top of CL group, what more could we do given the absence of key players?

At least make a Semi Final? There’s far more to do than win the group.

What’s minimum expectation this season? 2nd and a cup?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.