Post Match Thread - United (h)

The idea that a team that retains 72% possession in a game and has 22 shots, even against a team that is sitting back, isn't trying is just daft.

exactly. Some fans can’t hack it

You did. Your comment:

Half of that team needs a serious rocket,

Suggests they are not trying when in fact, the opposite is true. It’s just not happening at the moment. Injuries VAR etc are now having the expected effect
Once again can you show me where I said "not trying"?

We were not cheated by VAR yesterday, we lost that game through our own foolishness, a ludicrous challenge from Silva for their pen and if any of the so called handball pens had been given against us in other games, I'd have been livid. They ripped though our midfield and back line at will in that half and that was not down to VAR, that was down to sloppiness and poor defending from our box up to the half way line.
People need to stop using the VAR thing as an excuse for our own current inadequacies. We were utter guff in that 1st half yesterday and could have been 4 or 5 down by HT.

The three 'pens'? The first hit the guy's chest, the second wasn't handball, the third was handball. VAR didn't give it because Oliver decided it wasn't handball. Apparently its not handball if you put your arm down if you go to ground! It's handball all day long in a penalty area being attacked by Rags and Dippers. We have known since Laporte was injured and Vinny had departed that we were going to have a somewhat weakened back four, add the continuing issues at left back and the defence is suspect. It's not news, but to dismiss the way VAR has fucked us over this season SEVERAL times is a little bizarre! We were cheated at Liverpool and we were cheated yesterday!

It didn't hurt in the slightest.

The manner of the performance didn't surprise me either.

The biggest indictment of yesterday was United played it like we used to when we were shit for so long.

I left a couple minutes before Ota scored, soon as Pep decided Foden wasn't worthy of any minutes.

Funnily enough, I got off the tram at Alty and was greeted by some little scrote shouting United right at me, he didn't know how to react when I literally burst out laughing and said at least you won something this year.

As I say, as big a game as Leicester or Chelsea these days.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already.

Rashford was brought down for the pen, received lengthy treatment, didn't leave the field of play and was then allowed to take the pen. As far as I am aware a penalty is a free kick for an offence inside the area, any other free kick on the field of play which requires treatment means the player has to leave the pitch and cannot return until advised by the referee. Have the rules changed or are the officials just useless, I think I know the answer already.

Slow, predictable, uncreative, unclinical in attack. Slow, inept, careless in defence.
It's time to get out the cheque book, and get some new blood in the team!

Not sure if this has been mentioned already.

Rashford was brought down for the pen, received lengthy treatment, didn't leave the field of play and was then allowed to take the pen. As far as I am aware a penalty is a free kick for an offence inside the area, any other free kick on the field of play which requires treatment means the player has to leave the pitch and cannot return until advised by the referee. Have the rules changed or are the officials just useless, I think I know the answer already.

Yeah. We were all saying the same but no mention of it in the media. Surprised- no

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.