The Boxing thread

AJ is elite now and that’s all that counts. Disagree about this crop - I think it’s the best for a quarter of a century. I love Usyk’s skill set but I have reservations about him (he had to work very hard to get rid of a very limited Bellew) and don’t think he punches hard enough to stop the super heavys just walking through him. Wilder gets bad press but he’s improved massively and shows decent skill - walking a Cuban craftsman onto that right hand doesn’t happen by accident. Tyson will fight wilder and AJ within the next 18months. We’re in the middle of the best era ever for heavyweight boxing from a British standpoint - enjoy the ride man !
Yes sir!

If AJ boxes like last night he could beat Wilder with his footwork.

Mate try a different sport. That was the worst take ever.

His next two opponents will be pulev then the Usyk if he can get them both in in time. Fury and Wilder will fight twice next year I reckon.

There is absolutely no way there will be a third fight in the next couple of years, there’s too many big fights ahead and Ruiz is 1- too dangerous and 2- stupid. He fucked it for himself last night. He’s gonna have to rebuild. A fight v Whyte would be big because they’re both gonna be locked out of title shots.
Let’s wait and see fella . Funny game is boxing

AJ is elite now and that’s all that counts. Disagree about this crop - I think it’s the best for a quarter of a century. I love Usyk’s skill set but I have reservations about him (he had to work very hard to get rid of a very limited Bellew) and don’t think he punches hard enough to stop the super heavys just walking through him. Wilder gets bad press but he’s improved massively and shows decent skill - walking a Cuban craftsman onto that right hand doesn’t happen by accident. Tyson will fight wilder and AJ within the next 18months. We’re in the middle of the best era ever for heavyweight boxing from a British standpoint - enjoy the ride man !
Agree from a British standpoint but there’s not been a truly great heavyweight since Lewis in my eyes

Good win that against a dangerous opponent .
What’s with all the Ali nonsense ?
‘So nice, I had to do it twice’
FFS!
That was so cringey. “You heard there’ll be a third”...then a big laugh. He said that twice line every time he had a mic in front of him thinking it was hilarious. What a tit

Mate try a different sport. That was the worst take ever.

His next two opponents will be pulev then the Usyk if he can get them both in in time. Fury and Wilder will fight twice next year I reckon.

There is absolutely no way there will be a third fight in the next couple of years, there’s too many big fights ahead and Ruiz is 1- too dangerous and 2- stupid. He fucked it for himself last night. He’s gonna have to rebuild. A fight v Whyte would be big because they’re both gonna be locked out of title shots.

But Dubois would take AJ (:

Anyone who criticises that performance last night knows jack shit about the sport, which I’m convinced should be renamed Paul shit....

But Dubois would take AJ (:

Anyone who criticises that performance last night knows jack shit about the sport, which I’m convinced should be renamed Paul shit....
Saw this on reddit the last night that sums this up.

r/boxing: AJ's flaws are incurable, he has to fight at range to beat Ruiz he's incapable

AJ: Irons out flaws, fights at distance

r/boxing: How fucking dare you.

He boxed great but will be a lot more challenging using that tactic against someone his own height.
He doesn't struggle against fighters his own height though, he's much more comfortable with that. That was the whole reason he wasn't comfortable against Povetikin in the first half of the fight and even more so against Ruiz Jr(who has arguably the best chin at heavyweight). Are people forgetting who Joshua has already been in with and stopped? Someone even questioning AJ's punching power? Laughable.

It looked to me as though he had been working on changing levels for shorter fighters but even in this fight he still hasn't quite got the hang of it. He got clipped whenever he was trying to crouch to his level and engage. Personally, I think this was a gameplan he was working on to get a stoppage win but maybe there wasn't enough time to add this to his arsenal to the level required, for a fighter like Ruiz Jr. He ended up sticking with what was working, keeping him at range and controlling the distance, banking the rounds for a points win. He looked surprisingly graceful and fluid in his movement to me, for what so called experts were describing as a robotic body builder.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.