Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

The injuries we keep having every single season are a worry. Can’t just be “bad luck” not warming up enough/correctly, too intense? Training too much? Just seems odd we have so many injuries to key players every season
Same thing happened with Bayern and Pep, coincidence or reason?

That's far too pessimistic. Stones and Laporte were oustanding for much of last season. Why do you say Stones head has gone? His problem is that he is forever injured. He just can't get a run in the side. Laporte is a world class player. Garcia and Harwood Bellis are fine prospects. I don't see a problem there.

Losing Mendy who was a world class left back was hard but we survived it first through the form of Delph and then Zinchenko. Zinchenko is under-rated because he didn't cost £50m.

Why doesn't Rodri fill Fern's shoes. He's slow but so was Xabi Alonso.

Jesus is an oustanding young player. We'd be foolish to let such a talented young player go. He needs supply. At the moment we're struggling to do that because KDB is not quite at the level he was whilst David Silva's legs have gone.

We have the same problem that Pellegrini had when Yaya reached the end of his days. The team has become unbalanced but I don't think it will take much to put right.

I have to agree with all of this. The two critical positions are having a true left hand side defender and replacing Dave. The loss of Laporte cannot be underestimated - I know we should be able to cope but all our defenders are more comfortable on the right. As you rightly say the issue with Dave is similar to when Yaya's legs went, Pep hardly played him. I think this season is now an ideal time to bed in Foden and Garcia and/or Harwood Bellis. The PL has gone but we are not going to finish outside European qualification so the pressure of chasing Liverpool is off. We need to look to the future but in my opinion we still have a strong enough team, once Laporte is fit, to have a real go for the CL. This is what I'd like to see. We will learn a lot about how Pep is seeing things this week. He's unlike any other top manager because the club will never sack him - it will be an interesting time but I agree it will not take much to put things right - without the knee jerk over reaction of some fans. Although I do have a big issue with Angelino and I predict he will never have a long career at any of the top clubs.

Did it? I didn’t know that to be honest. I think that answers the question.
Pep had serious issues with the Team doctor and medical people, the Doctor left after 30 years plus working there.

It’s no secret that Bayern Munich’s Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt did not get along well with former manager Pep Guardiola. The two had their fair share of disagreements during Guardiola’s tenure as Bayern manager, and a heated feud between them back in 2015 ultimately lead Wohlfahrt to stepping down from his post as team doctor.

Liverpool don't have anything like world class playmakers in their midfield

They don't play through their midfielders, they pass it around at the back drawing teams onto them, then hit 60yard balls over the top to chase. Very much a Tony pulis team but with better players.

The injuries we keep having every single season are a worry. Can’t just be “bad luck” not warming up enough/correctly, too intense? Training too much? Just seems odd we have so many injuries to key players every season
On Tuesday the Prime presenters mentioned that City were only out doing a warm-up for about 10 minutes. Granted they’ll be stretching etc in the changing room but 10 minutes is incredibly short when it’s as cold as it is atm

Pep had serious issues with the Team doctor and medical people, the Doctor left after 30 years plus working there.

It’s no secret that Bayern Munich’s Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt did not get along well with former manager Pep Guardiola. The two had their fair share of disagreements during Guardiola’s tenure as Bayern manager, and a heated feud between them back in 2015 ultimately lead Wohlfahrt to stepping down from his post as team doctor.
Wasn’t aware of that at all. Whilst he’s in charge, we will keep getting serious injuries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.