Ban Them For Life

Didn't say it wasn't. Just stating a fact. Happened at Old Trafford too. Both City and Utd have dicks chucking stuff at fans and players.

I'd rather be hit with a plastic bottle or lighter than a coin, dart, mobile phone etc
I'll never forget the Luton game in 83 when Pleat ran on the pitch when the final whistle blew. Luton fans were going spare at us in their pen and goading us getting relegated across the thin divide. One menacing looking Luton fan was shaking the bars, he was about 6'-6" with a big mohican dyed Luton colours. All of a sudden he got a dart stuck in the middle his forehead. Bullseye!

I'm not condoning violence, just the way things were back in the days of it.

Whilst I am in no way condoning the actions of the accused and from the pictures it doesn't look good isn't he entitled to a fair hearing if he is charged. On another note did anyone pick up on the lack of action by the stewards who stood by and watched, I wonder he they saw or heard anything and how come if we are all subject to searches were flares let off in the ground. Bad day all round and not helped by the actions of a few on both sides

Watched the video this morning for the first time - totally missed the incident live to be honest. If he's saying it wasnt a racist gesture then, after seeing the footage, I think there is insufficent evidence to prove it was. He could be putting his hands in his pocket or making an emotive gesture which isn't racist. How do you prove either, and in this country it is innocent until proven guilty. Not sure if there is any sound with the video either, only seen the visual, maybe that makes a difference? Hope those stewards around him have a clear memory of what they saw and heard, that coudl help get to the truth.

Hopefully everyone can take a deep breath this Monday morning and do this properly. If he has done it then proving it will be hard, but on the other hand the club and others may choose to take action anyway. But regardless, I very much dislike theis trial by social media and would happily see those who publish names etc dealt with harshly also. They could be ruining not just his life, but that of his partner, child and family. Of course he is going to deny it, he stands to lose everything, but what if it was a misinterpreted gesture?

Regarding football's racism problem in general, i feel there are two issues. The first is the underlying racist tendancies of some fans coupled with the exposure to the subject recently. Dealing with that needs education and, certainly, visible punishment. Although i and many others disike it, the reaction to this indicent on social media probably means that the likelihood of a racist incident again at City this season, is less. Not that you'd expect it normally anyway, but it is now shockingly evident to all, especially in and around Manchester and Manchester CIty, of the consequenses of such actions - unemployment, loss of your family, exclusion from the club you follow and personal abuse for you and your loved ones, mental anguish. And that is regardless of whether he meant it or not - he was percieved to have meant it.

But the other is, knowing the above is factor and not pretending it doen't exist, the FA and GMP have a duty of care to the fans and players themselves to try and prevent such incidents. Racism won't stop overnight, but you can limit its potential to be visible. As alcohol removes inhibitions then it is always likley that alcohol will make someone with the above triats more likley to expose their inner feelings and so something like this. Therefore, it is perfectly reasonable, if not a neglect of duty to do so, for those officials respsonsible to put the brakes on a late afternoon Saturday kick off.

Whilst I am in no way condoning the actions of the accused and from the pictures it doesn't look good isn't he entitled to a fair hearing if he is charged. On another note did anyone pick up on the lack of action by the stewards who stood by and watched, I wonder he they saw or heard anything and how come if we are all subject to searches were flares let off in the ground. Bad day all round and not helped by the actions of a few on both sides
This did cross my mind when they were discussing the situation on the BBC this morning and everyone was condemning it as though it was fact when, if there are to be charges, it needs to follow the proper course. I wouldn't want an innocent man being accused of something he didn't do nor a guilty man getting away with something because he didn't get a fair hearing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.