Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

We are definitely in a “Pep predicament”.

With a rebuild required, Pep only having 18 months left in his contract is not ideal.

How can he sell the dream to the potential signings next summer when it’s pretty obvious they are going to want to know whether he will be here or not in order to oversee their development within the project.

I’d expect City to be utilising this as the opportunity to force Pep’s hand with regards his future plans.

Txiki will know if pep is staying or leaving now
If he is leaving next year they will be planning a successor
Don’t forget this is peps dream job
He has a team above him in place that will do whatever he wants and support him 100%
He won’t get that elsewhere in Italy Spain or Germany without the politics

It pedestrian to the point of static, KDM looks shot after 30 mins, David's legs have gone and Rodri is one paced.

Rodri needs players around him with some pace and energy, we have none at this time.

2 seasons ago KDB energy levels were super human, nothing like the player of today.

Rodri looked as if he can surge forward to me and is good with the ball
He also likes s shot
The problem is that if he does no one will cover him aT present in this team

Kev has had to come back from long term knee injuries - which has meant in order to get his knee ready he has had to seriously bulk up in the gym to protect it.

He has been carrying us upfront for a while but he is nowhere near his optimum physical condition of a few years ago.
Re the bulking up, is that opinion or fact?

Has this been posted? Anyone think it's true?

I'm a bit concerned about this. We seem to have a problem with information leaking out of the club, the 2013 FA Cup final buildup was dominated by Mancini's future, Pellegrini's third and last season was hampered by speculation regarding Pep, to the point the club had to officially announce it in January. All of that had negative effects on the team, so this is not a good sign. I really hope Pep's future does not become an unnecessary sideshow from now to the end of the season, otherwise this could end up being a repeat of the last season under Pellegrini.

Re the bulking up, is that opinion or fact?

I only base that of my own experience when i dislocated my right knee to the extent that i could not walk for 5 months, with many months after focused on rehabilitation. I was lucky that i did not tear any of the medial ligaments. The muscle waste was quite alarming which meant I had to bulk up to protect the knee from any future episodes

That said my knee is still not 100%

I agree but we should also be looking to get another out and out striker surely. If the one pep wants is available then we should just go and get them - and to be honest that goes for the other positions as well.
Yes, striker is a bit of a tricky one. Unless we sell Jesus we will still have Aguero and Jesus next season , the question then is Aguero’s replacement available now, is there room for 3 strikers next season and would any one of the three be happy on being third choice for a year. If the one we want is available we will need to be creative.

No, why would he prefer spending money if he has an option at the club that is as good or better than the player he buys. You obviously think he would, why would he.
IMO there may be 3 or 4 that could step up in the next 3 years but I’d prefer those that see them every day decide when and how fast. Ultimately that means Txiki and Soriano not Pep as they speak to all the coaches and say yes or no to spending money. Pretty sure they won’t spend if they think the academy players are good enough and ready.
I have no issues with what you've posted. My view right or wrong Pep wants the finished article or near as dam it.

Three league titles on the trot was always a tall order. And I never expected the CL. Despite the bookies’ odds, we consistently fall short in Europe and would need a huge slice of luck to win it.

I just don’t want to see the season disintegrate or us to continue being taken for fat boys by pub teams with mobile forwards.

Let’s get playing attractive and effective football again. Let’s get the defence coached and half organised. Let’s get Foden and Garcia either established or proven as not up to snuff. If we win a trophy too, great.

Most of all, let’s set ourselves up for a new assault in 2020/21. We have the close season to make one or two wise acquisitions.

If it all turns to shit, I console myself with the thought that Colin W is retired and available...

I think the majority of fans have got it completely wrong on this thread. Our single biggest problem is a lack of wingers and pace in attack.

Tinfoil hat time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.