Parking Fine (Store Street NCP Car Park)

mancityscot

Came down for the chelsea game 2 weeks ago. Parked, as usual, in the store street NCP car park underneath piccadilly station.

Went to the machine, paid £7.50 for 24hrs parking, got the ticket and popped it on my dashboard. Thought all was well and good, until this evening i come home to a Parking Charge Notice, saying i need to pay £100 as i parked without paying.

Shocked is an understatement as i had a valid ticket from the machine that was placed in clear view on the dashboard. I'm thinking the machine has had some form of fault in order to still dispense the ticket but no evidence of it. And since it was a few weeks back the ticket is long gone.

What can i do here? is it worth appealing? ignoring? or just paying it? Its the first parking ticket ive ever had so not sure on the best way to deal with it.

Not sure i fancy a trip to court or having the bailiffs round if i dont pay, but equally find this extremely unfair as i definitely had a valid ticket.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Came down for the chelsea game 2 weeks ago. Parked, as usual, in the store street NCP car park underneath piccadilly station.

Went to the machine, paid £7.50 for 24hrs parking, got the ticket and popped it on my dashboard. Thought all was well and good, until this evening i come home to a Parking Charge Notice, saying i need to pay £100 as i parked without paying.

Shocked is an understatement as i had a valid ticket from the machine that was placed in clear view on the dashboard. I'm thinking the machine has had some form of fault in order to still dispense the ticket but no evidence of it. And since it was a few weeks back the ticket is long gone.

What can i do here? is it worth appealing? ignoring? or just paying it? Its the first parking ticket ive ever had so not sure on the best way to deal with it.

Not sure i fancy a trip to court or having the bailiffs round if i dont pay, but equally find this extremely unfair as i definitely had a valid ticket.

Any advice would be appreciated!
If it's a pay and display car park they should have a photo of your dashboard as evidence that no ticket is displayed. If it's camera operated on entry and exit and you have to put your reg into the machine you will probably need the ticket showing the reg, which I presume you keyed correctly.

Had the same in blackpool years ago, sent them a copy of the ticket I'd purchased and wrote "it was stuck to the window but had fallen onto the dashboard while I was away, but was still visible" (Rather than say I didn't stick it to the window) they cancelled the fine - this was a council ticket tho - don't admit to putting it on the dashboard if it says "display in window" or what ever bollocks they use to double charge.

Had the same in blackpool years ago, sent them a copy of the ticket I'd purchased and wrote "it was stuck to the window but had fallen onto the dashboard while I was away, but was still visible" (Rather than say I didn't stick it to the window) they cancelled the fine - this was a council ticket tho - don't admit to putting it on the dashboard if it says "display in window" or what ever bollocks they use to double charge.
Edited - seen you said you don't still have the ticket. Did you pay by card, if so you have proof of payment.

Tell the car park owners someone had broken into your car soon after parking and under General Data Protection Regulations you want to see any CCTV from the time you parked up. If they have the CCTV for back then that is, and if they did, you may be able to prove that you had a ticket as it shows you going to the machine and collecting a ticket. If you know anyone who uses this car park find out if it has a camera near the ticket machine. Or one that at least shows you walking back with a ticket.

Do they take pictures of car windscreens when a driver fails to display for their own evidence? If so can you see the copy. If it shows a ticket but just an unpaid one you may be able to argue this in a letter that the ticket machine failed to take payment from card.

yup, but just checked statement and theres no sign of transaction. it issued the ticket there and then but seems the transaction didnt go through
Out of ideas sorry apart from - ask your bank if an authorisation was made on your card at the time - they should know. (They should also tell you if it was granted or refused - if it issued a ticket it should be authorised) Also - if this is a technical issue it's very unlikely you're the only one - when you appeal it ask if any others have appealed for the same reason.

Ask for photos of your windscreen to prove you had no ticket.

If they don't provide, tell them to fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.