Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets a pass? what. Its just a fact of football mate, they all make mistakes doesn't matter where you play.

Stone is better with the ball at doing what exactly, he passes 10 yards to Walker or 5 yards to Fernandinho. His confidence is shot to pieces, I can't remember the last time he passes it over 20 yards as for pace, yeah i saw plenty of that when he was walking back to his own goal as the rags streamed past him.

Otamendi came off the bench against the rags and nearly scored twice, put in some tackles and did the exact same passing job that Stones did.
Its not fernandinhos fault hes playing at centre back so he gets pass as would any midfielder we put at centre back. Im not denying stones has flaws i actually think hes not good enough either but ottamendi is worse.

Hes slow and rash those are two things we dont need in our defence right now
I respect your opinion but disagree with you that Stones is currently better. A lot of shit gets thrown at Ota but he is rarely injured and a front foot defender, willing to tackle early, good with his head at both ends of the field, and very comfortable with the ball at his feet .

...Ota is rarely injured and a front foot defender, willing to tackle early, good with his head at both ends of the field, and very comfortable with the ball at his feet .
He tackles early because he knows that he is so painfully slow that pretty much every attacker in PL will win foot race with him.

He was good servant for the club but IMO he is done at the highest level of football.

He's always tackled early and, tbh, I prefer that to backing off till it is too late

If he dives in, at least Ederson and everyone else has time to try and react. When Stones backs off forever, it means Ederson gets shot at from much closer, and the opposition have more time to get more players forwards in support.

He tackles early because he knows that he is so painfully slow that pretty much every attacker in PL will win foot race with him.

He was good servant for the club but IMO he is done at the highest level of football.
Well it's him and dihno till at least the new year so buckle up

I have never seen Stones win any foot races apart from who can get away from the attacker fastest. Otamendi at least attempts to win the ball and more often than not he does so.

Respect to him for tonight. Good solid showing.

For the whole whilst he has his moments that can't easily be forgiven, I do think we take the General for granted at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.