Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

I'm probably alone in this, but I really think it's time for Pep to evolve the team again and change the shape and system. The principles of pressing can remain but maybe it's time to use a two striker system, or even three at the back with Walker as a CB to defend the counter.

Ederson
Walker Fernandinho Otamendi
Cancelo Rodri Foden Mendy
KDB
Sterling Aguero
Oh, I'd definitely like to see us experiment a little more as well. We have changed the system, just look at the fullbacks, but its a little odd to me that we haven't tried anything else given how the changes have turned out, and how we've experimented more in the past.

I sound like a right patronising bellend here but don't you think other coaches might have spotted that and setup to prevent it over the course of the previous two seasons, when nearly half our goals came from very similar patterns of play, it wasn't exactly a fucking surprise tactic was it.
Yet they didn't now they have. Or have we just forgotten and stopped what we did for 2 years. One or the other.
Edit in fact it was still happening up to the Watford game because It was highlighted on motd if I remember .

Some want radical solutions but the most likely solution is the one that is closest to the teams from 17/18/19. It's been damaged this season by injury and the effect of age but the injured players are returning. ZInchenko is back, and Laporte and Sane may follow next month.

Either move Fernandinho back to DM, or play Rodri there and bring Foden in for Silva. If you have Fern in midfield then it's only one change from last season. I can't see why that wouldn't be effective. The major problem now is that the defence leaks goals. It didn't when Laporte was playing so I think his return is crucial.

I'd be playing Garcia and Harwoord Bellis at every available opportunity in the Cups to give them as much experience as possible, and to assess whether long term they can provide the defensive cover we need.

Everyone over 30. Moved on.

Get 2 wingers if Sane is gone. 1 if he stays.

Both wingers should be speed guys. Not technique guys.

1 Centerback to replace Otamendi.

1 Striker to replace Aguero. Preferably tall, technical and fast.

I'll look into the specific players later.

Players moving on to other roles.

Mahrez and Bernado to CM to join Captain Debryune and Foden.

HG goalie.

Squad:
Eddie
New Keeper (Home Grown)
Walker
Cancelo
Zinchencko
New LB
Laporte
Stones
Garcia
New CB
Rodri
Debryune
Bernado
Mahrez
Foden
Raheem
Same ( or new speedy Winger)
3rd Winger
Gabriel Jesus
New Striker

"Those who delay the future only lengthen the period of pain."
Dax.

Everyone should watch the Salzburg-Liverpool game in about an hour and take a proper look at Haaland and Dominik Szoboszlai. Two very young players with worldclass potential. If they play great against Liverpool they would probably transfer great into the PL

HG goalie.

Squad:
Eddie
New Keeper (Home Grown)
Walker
Cancelo
Zinchencko
New LB
Laporte
Stones
Garcia
New CB
Rodri
Debryune
Bernado
Mahrez
Foden
Raheem
3rd Winger
Gabriel Jesus
New Striker

Dax.
If it’s a speedy winger you want we need that Usain Bolt impersonator who plays for Wolves. He is rapid but sometimes shows the technical skill of a cabbage.

HG goalie.

Squad:
Eddie
New Keeper (Home Grown)
Walker
Cancelo
Zinchencko
New LB
Laporte
Stones
Garcia
New CB
Rodri
Debryune
Bernado
Mahrez
Foden
Raheem
3rd Winger
Gabriel Jesus
New Striker

Dax.
Thats pretty light in DM. We don't know wether Rodri will be the answer yet. He lacked physicality on Saturday and Rashford outmuscled him a couple of times. Think we need another midfielder to contest that position. Stones is done. I would sell at earliest opportunity. I reckon we need 6 elite signings, 7 if Sane goes for us to contest at the top again.

HG goalie.

Squad:
Eddie
New Keeper (Home Grown)
Walker
Cancelo
Zinchencko
New LB
Laporte
Stones
Garcia
New CB
Rodri
Debryune
Bernado
Mahrez
Foden
Raheem
3rd Winger
Gabriel Jesus
New Striker

Dax.
“Those who agree with Dax, need to go out and get some fresh air”
Pablo

Yet they didn't now they have. Or have we just forgotten and stopped what we did for 2 years. One or the other.
Edit in fact it was still happening up to the Watford game because It was highlighted on motd if I remember .
We very rarely do it this season as Sterling, Mahrez and Bernardo all prefer to cut back inside on their stronger foot. Very very occasionally one of them will try going down the outside and crossing but the result is usually shit (e.g. Mahrez to Angelino).

Anyone remember the Bayern 0-4 Madrid game a few years back, Bayern were humiliated. Pep decided to play the test and style that everyone wanted him to play, instead of his kwn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.