Trouble at the derby in Block 131

I’ve never seen a derby day without violence no matter which ground or whether it’s an early or late kick off time. Every single game. It wouldn't matter if it was a 9am kick off, there’d be scrapping.
Correct, i agree with what your saying, there is always bits here and there. My son and his mates for example were boozing from 10.30am, 7 hrs before kick off, that's all well and good if you behave and i believe they did but to much alcohol and a derby game against Utd aint good. It shouldn't be that way but unfortunately it is. Therefore as i said earlier its best practice to play midday. Just my opinion.

Somebody posted after the Tottenham game that VAR would lead to an increase in violence at matches. I think a combination of the late kick off and the frustrating use of VAR increased the risk of violence. It shouldn't happen but passions are always raised on Derby Day and Mike Riley and his cabal of referees have provided another fuse.
Yep, many people said it after the violence on the way back to Town that day. Some were saying it will bring back the old days.

Yeah after the stoppage we were a different team, must have been some atmosphere in the dressing room while off the pitch.

I always like to think the rags instigating the issues & us 'sorting them out' actually decided the game.
Not to mention Paul Lake playing wide left midfield for the first time in his professional career and completely destroying ex England right back Viv Anderson...Lake attacked Anderson on the outside countless times. .using his weaker left foot to great advantage and caused mayhem in the away sides defence. .

Ferguson and utd never saw that coming....like their fans they took a hell of a beating.

Not to mention Paul Lake playing wide left midfield for the first time in his professional career and completely destroying ex England right back Viv Anderson...Lake attacked Anderson on the outside countless times. .using his weaker left foot to great advantage and caused mayhem in the away sides defence. .

Ferguson and utd never saw that coming....like their fans they took a hell of a beating.
How ever we look at it Mel's Marvels 5 Fergues wallet 1....when we could call the twat fergie.....now it's just nelly n cream...looked a right **** smirking at the weekend......not long now fella

Can't be arsed arguing with you about another persons posts. However i imagine anyone who reads his posts will come to the same conclusion as me.
Just for the record..and now that online tempers have subsided a bit..

I do not condone indiscriminate violence at Football matches. .and have never done.

My point..perhaps badly made as I was in a rush when posting...is that any violence I've seen in 30 years of footy hasn't put me off attending the game I used to love. Back in the day it was more prevelant of course ..it didn't put me off going or make me whinge or start crying ...it was part of the game rightly or wrongly. There has always been violencein Derby Day as long as i can remember ..grown men and younger lads (some women too) have fought ...tempers do erupt...it's just the way it is..

As someone who has done the '"The Walk" (The Cure ) 'from a friends house in Stretford (pre match party sometines starting at 7am depending on kick off time) and back to nearly every City Trafford game over 30 years..A56/Stretford rd..mingling in with utd
fans some leary some pissed some abusive ..many quiet tourists..you had to be on your guard...every single minute..thars how it was...turn a corner (as u get near to the ground ) and the mood could change in a second
Making your way down the narrow street just before you turn into the main drag was always interesting and scuffles would break out...arrive on the utd Munich clock fore court..the fun really started. ..March forward and join the away queue and wait to be verbally abused pushed goaded spat at ridiculed ..all under the watchful eye of mounted police who struggled to maintain order as the clearly outnumbered City away contingent were prime targets for the thousands of reds walking by..Fighrs broke out often.

After the match whatever the score. ..you kept your head down .and your mouth shut.A fight could break out at any time . All the way baaach up Stretford rd until the crowd properly thinned out..reds diving into that crappy boozer...and you could finally think straight and relax....until u again bumped into dublin reds or cornwall reds parked up on side streets pissed up and waiting for the driver to get back to the vehicle. ..The edge has died down over the years but everyone going to that match knew what it entailed. ..no one ran home and started whingeing.That's how it was.

Then when the roles were reversed and they came to Maine rd...of course it's gonna kick off. You must be a clown or a Muppet to think otherwise! Speak to older reds about being ambushed in dog shit alley...Mr O.N having to Marshall his troops...but to no avail......

Anyone who thinks Derby Day violence /banter isn't just as much a part of Football as the Match day programme is living in a different world to me.Long before the keyboard warriors came to be ..some of us were walking the gauntlet ...None of us were put off by it..and not 1 single Blue I know advocates violence involving kids the elderly or infirm in any way shape or form..hope that clears up any misunderstanding, almost certainly caused by my original post.;)

Last edited:
Just for the record..and now that online tempers have subsided a bit..

I do not condone indiscriminate violence at Football matches. .and have never done.

My point..perhaps badly made as I was in a rush when posting...is that any violence I've seen in 30 years of footy hasn't put me off attending the game I used to love. Back in the day it was more prevelant of course ..it didn't put me off going or make me whinge or start crying ...it was part of the game rightly or wrongly. There has always been violencein Derby Day as long as i can remember ..grown men and younger lads (some women too) have fought ...tempers do erupt...it's just the way it is..

As someone who has done the '"The Walk" (The Cure ) 'from a friends house in Stretford (pre match party sometines starting at 7am depending on kick off time) and back to nearly every City Trafford game over 30 years..A56/Stretford rd..mingling in with utd
fans some leary some pissed some abusive ..many quiet tourists..you had to be on your guard...every single minute..thars how it was...turn a corner (as u get near to the ground ) and the mood could change in a second
Making your way down the narrow street just before you turn into the main drag was always interesting and scuffles would break out...arrive on the utd Munich clock fore court..the fun really started. ..March forward and join the away queue and wait to be verbally abused pushed goaded spat at ridiculed ..all under the watchful eye of mounted police who struggled to maintain order as the clearly outnumbered City away contingent were prime targets for the thousands of reds walking by..Fighrs broke out often.

After the match whatever the score. ..you kept your head down .and your mouth shut.A fight could break out at any time . All the way baaach up Stretford rd until the crowd properly thinned out..reds diving into that crappy boozer...and you could finally think straight and relax....until u again bumped into dublin reds or cornwall reds parked up on side streets pissed up and waiting for the driver to get back to the vehicle. ..The edge has died down over the years but everyone going to that match knew what it entailed. ..no one ran home and started whingeing.That's how it was.

Then when the roles were reversed and they came to Maine rd...of course it's gonna kick off. You must be a clown or a Muppet to think otherwise! Speak to older reds about being ambushed in dog shit alley...Mr O.N having to Marshall his troops...but to no avail......

Anyone who thinks Derby Day violence /banter isn't just as much a part of Football as the Match day programme is living in a different world to me.Long before the keyboard warriors came to be ..some of us were walking the gauntlet ...None of us were put off by it..and not 1 single Blue I know advocates violence involving kids the elderly or infirm in any way shape or form..hope that clears up any misunderstanding, almost certainly caused by my original post.;)

Did blue fight blue though.The fight in 317 was blue on blue.I can understand the victim not coming back to another game in that case.

Did blue fight blue though.The fight in 317 was blue on blue.I can understand the victim not coming back to another game in that case.
My question too - I hear the point you're making but as the OP this thread was about blue on blue violence - interested to hear where you stand on that?

Blue on blue has happened a lot ...more at the new stadium and wembley where you're stuck with people sometimes you dont want to be near.

Plenty of blues I can't fucking stand.

We don't always get on trust me. Just look at the state of it on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.