Dinamo Zagreb (a) post-match thread

Like I've said on a different thread. It's time for the youth to lead the the charge.

Nice Gabby, Foden and Garcia into full-time starters.

The energy level in midfield and on the press was 2 notches higher than usual. And that's even with Gundogan and Rodri on the field.

Cancelo....Walker....Ota'...Garcia.....Mendy
........... Debryune.....Rodri.......Foden...........
..............,.. Sterling...........Gabby...................

That's what I'm rolling with personally

Bernardo should be there. Go 4-3-3

Love that there is only 17 pages when we won very comfortably. Lose and city Fans ?? Show up in droves and there is 100 pages??.

Reactions: TFC
Cut out the abuse!
You cant hide the fact that he has been poor. His touch is abysmal & considering Pep likes players who are comfortable on the ball I'm surprised he ever went for him.
People like you make me sick. Someone, like Mendy today, has a good game, and you still manage to slag them off for it. Proper fucking fan

Like I said, you don't watch him play. All you are doing is saying he isn't David, Kevin etc. No, he is a different midfielder.

He is a controller, tackler, passer, he isn't an attacking midfielder, but we have plenty of those. Again, instead of literally saying nothing of note, I will say again, watch some games of him playing for Ukraine. He is very young and already amazing at controlling the midfield and defends and presses like crazy.

As Pep would say, I'm so happy for what you will learn/discover in time, one of these moments where you will be happy you were wrong.

He played a pass there that all of our midfielders would have been proud of. A reverse ball to get out of trouble to a player directly behind him. Great vision and suggests to me that he can cope with the positional aspects of playing midfield in this team.

Gabbynando !!

Foden had a good game and mendy got better as the game went by. Small blip form Garcia but had a strong recover performance.
Weird ref motm

Thought Foden brought best out of Mendy attacking play tonight. His precision & weight of pass put it on a plate so Mendy could hit it

first time, either clipped or fizzed across the box. Some great crosses in the game from Mendy, reminiscent of some of his best games.

Impressed with Foden, thought he went past defenders when he wanted to and laid it off sideways or back when no forward options.

For sure Zagreb were poor but thought Foden looked the most likely to open up that defence than other more experienced players also

on pitch at sametime. Maybe in a dead rubber they took it easier and didnt want to pick up an injury. However, I think that performance

may be a defining moment in his career for him both in a blue and a white shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.