Aguero's successor?

From open play Jesus has been wonderful at headed goals recently. The last two years have seen him score 9 or 10 beauties. Set pcs. and corners are a different animal as we don't have tall accomplished full backs to bring forward any more, sadly Stonesy has lost something, and one of our tallest mids is Kev who takes all the corners eliminating one of our best threats to score! I have always maintained him taking corners is a waste as any footballer 13 yrs or older should be able to drop one on the spot in the danger zone out of the keepers reach, and yet how many corners don't make it over the first defender? Yes the total amount of chances missed is a lot, but when you break it down not the strikers fault.
QUOTE]
I don't want to knock Jesus. I was pleased he has improved last couple of games, from newspaper reports he has obviously been getting anxious about not scoring previously. IMO his suitability to replace Sergio is currently unproven.

When I mentioned aerial threat from a replacement striker, I was thinking of someone of Lewandowski's or Harry Kane's stature, enabling scoring headed goals from set pieces as well as open play.

We don't need a direct Sergio replacement, just move Sterling inside as backup to Jesus (before you all have a meltdown or a hissy fit, Sterling I think should be playing wide right when Jesus is fit).

Then bring in a couple of out and out wingers (e.g. Sane). Fuck Mahrez off and move Bernardo into central midfield to rotate and compete with KDB and Foden. And try desperately to keep Leroy, without breaking any wage structures.

I like Lautaro, although he seems a tad on the slow side. Jesus will remain where he is IMO.

We need a natural born finisher and not a manufactured one, something that only Kun is in our current squad.

Hàland and Jesus as a 2 upfront would set us up for long time. Then we could have Braff on the bench as the 3rd striker or play Raz there.

I don't want to knock Jesus. I was pleased he has improved last couple of games, from newspaper reports he has obviously been getting anxious about not scoring previously. IMO his suitability to replace Sergio is currently unproven.

When I mentioned aerial threat from a replacement striker, I was thinking of someone of Lewandowski's or Harry Kane's stature, enabling scoring headed goals from set pieces as well as open play.
how good has that delivery been to anybody, of any height? you saw his headers on those videos, anyone who can head like that can do it from set pcs. Our set pce. balls have been crap along with our corners.
For four + years we have played shortish folks up front and mid, how'd that work out, aside from the records and trophies, and titles?

Last edited:
I like Lautaro, although he seems a tad on the slow side. Jesus will remain where he is IMO.

We need a natural born finisher and not a manufactured one, something that only Kun is in our current squad.
bullshit.
jesus isn't a natural born finisher?
FFS.

so when we don't get either of them we play with ten men?
To replace arguably the greatest striker the Premiership has seen in Augero is going to take some serious cash.

Personally I hope the club go all out on Mbappe, a beast of a player and one whose value will increase daily.

Personally I hope the club go all out on Mbappe

I fear that ship has sailed. PSG don't need the money, and they won't release him before his contract's up. He seems happy enough there. He's playing in a domestic league that doesn't offer any real challenge to his club, and won't do for the foreseeable future, and so he just might get itchy feet if PSG keep getting knocked out of the Champions League, but then if we keep getting eliminated from said competition too, we don't have the pulling power to prise him away. Hence the importance of winning the thing, whatever any City fan's personal opinion of it may be. It is a draw for the top players in Europe, and there's no getting round that.

He's not at all the same type of player as Sergio, but I'd have Son in a heartbeat. Not that Levy would sell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.