Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our next opponent in the Bundesliga called it a "Treppenwitz" (translator says that you might have the same expression in English with staircase wit) that Bayern has lost the last 2 matches. We were dominating most of the matches in a similar style we did during the time with Pep - just did not convert, hit the goal posts 4 or 5 times and had some minutes in it when it looked different. (but it takes some work to undo 3 years with coaches that do not match)
The next matches will be against easier opponents (especially ones in which Lewandowski has scored in bundles the recent season what he did not against Gladbach or Leverkusen - if you ever want to bet about Lewandowskis goals there is some patterns in his scoring)

Our main problems are system and not player related. It is more about "how to individually and collectively behave in some situations" and to have a working plan B or to react on tactical changes (but we have a winter break to work on that). Yes, Martinez or Boateng are not the fastest or never were - but we have two fast players injured and with Alaba, who actually makes a great central defender, there is a fast centre back. The two goals against Gladbach were after a set-piece and an avoidable penalty, especially as we have Neuer in goal.

The two points behind 3rd and 6 or 7 behind Leipzig and Schalke will not be a problem if we play a "normal" (for Bayern) second part of the season and the others keep their performance.

But yes, there is always something to improve. When we play Kimmich in midfield we need another right fullback. A number 6 with more defensive ability and enough distribution qualities would be great, too. A third top winger. A top striker that because of his age will be fine with being a substitute to Lewandowski...
After the antics of your hierarchy and ex-players towards MCFC this summer, interest among Manchester City fans in the ins and outs of your club is minimal.

After the antics of your hierarchy and ex-players towards MCFC this summer, interest among Manchester City fans in the ins and outs of your club is minimal.

Think you're being kind there. No one gives a monkeys about what's happening at Bayern. They're behavior towards our club was disgraceful. If he goes and I sincerely hope he doesn't they need to be made to pay top dollar for Sane.

I am interested and I asked a question of Madielka who kindly replied. I wanted to know if Bayern fans really want to see Sane at Bayern given that they have KIngsley Coman and seem to me to have other team building priorities. Bayern have changed their coach, and domestically have had a difficult season. It seemed to me possible that Bayern might change their transfer priorities.

If Sane goes he’s the one I’d want in, will improve under Pep and Sterling isn’t a bad player to model your game off.
I think similarly..

Under Pep, Sterling went from a winger/striker with potential, to world class.

Sane too is a diamond-in-the-rough. Excellent at times... but just slightly off other times. Under Pep, Sane could easily take that next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.