Belle Vue Dogs

Ric

Administrator
The end of an era. Spent many a night there when I was younger.

Happy memories of going to the Cherries as a kid with folks in the 70’s (before knowing just what a miserable life it was for the greyhounds)
My old man told me in the 50s of a Saturday post game you’d see just about every City / Utd footballer at the place and was one of them that staked the first 5 quid bet he ever saw. Some things never change! Thankfully for the participants in the middle it has now.

Was always a good lads trip but I think it’s had it’s day. I feel for Greyhounds though. Often discarded after they have served their racing purpose. Lots of Greyhound rescue dogs.
It’s a by product of the industry that some greyhounds are put down at the end of their careers. It’s why I only ever owned one, he got badly injured and would never race again. Cost a fortune to keep him as a non racing dog in the kennels until a home was found for him. I’m not even that much of an animal person but I just couldn’t have him destroyed, he was a lovely dog, made a great pet for the young girl who eventually adopted him.

Was always a good lads trip but I think it’s had it’s day. I feel for Greyhounds though. Often discarded after they have served their racing purpose. Lots of Greyhound rescue dogs.

Left-field, post-Brexit idea but why not export them to the eskimos? Surely better than the wolves they use now and they'd cut journey times in half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.