Belle Vue Dogs

Sad see it go, having said that I ain’t been there for years.

Back in the day my grandad operated the huge tote at the Mount Road end of the stadium,
He used to take me up there on a Saturday night to watch the races and the punters.

Watched it all though the windows where a number or a letter might be placed

Gorton needs regeneration not more fucking housing estates.

The whole hyde rd strip needs to have all the second hand funiture and appliance shops binned off and it transformed.

From debdale to sunny brow park onto belle vue it is one of the only places left with a run of traditional pubs , parks and open spces available and potential to be turned into another didsbury/prestwich/cholton type mix of old town mixed with new investment.

Belle Vue is such a waste and to just fill it with more houses seems nearsighted to me.

As for the dogs, spent many a friday in there as a youth.

Never went to the greyhounds. Went many times to the Aces speedway, then on to the rides in the amusement park afterwards.

Potential?

That’s some vision there fella!

Born amd bred gortonian/abbey heyan I have seen the place be neglected forndecades bar bulding a tesco and redoing the market up.

You had the ressers, tan yard brow and it's nature walk, the lovely sunny brow park and old georgian houses and cottages of far lane
A few pints in the vale tucked away or after relaxing in debdale a fee in the pamona then a walk to the nelson and wagon, a wallk up and a nice curry in the indian restaraunt then walk up to belle vue having a few next to belle vue teaun station then over to the lake (though that shut about ayear after I went in )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.