Our Best Away Kit

Loved the sashes and the twin blue vertical stripes from a few seasons back but the red and black stripes is City away to me and I really liked the white trim added to this for the 79-81 design

My favourite away kit is and always been when we play away in sky blue (and white shorts). It says CITY more than any other set of colours. I'd like us to avoid a thirds kit in the future (but I ain't Puma or the commercial dept. at City). I'd like us to explore the third kit like Red Star FC did.

This one and also last best left back we have had too ;-)

MatchPlayerPicture774.jpg
Willie Donachie says hold my beer!

In the 1950s we’d never had sky blue and white hooped socks before. In the 1950s we’d never had maroon with white pin stripes before (an all time great kit). In the 1960s we’d never had all sky blue socks before. In the 1960s we’d never had maroon turnovers before (and only had them for six years in our entire history but people think that’s iconic City). In the 1960s we’d never had red and black stripes before (wish we never had neither I hate red on our kits). In the 1970s we’d never had a sash before (iconic City kits). In the 1970s we’d never had royal blue socks with red turnovers before. In the 1970s we’d never had blue shorts before (don’t like it when we have blue shorts). In the 1980s we’d never had white diamond pinstripes before (one of our best ever kits). In the 1980s wee never had white with black and red pinstripes before. In the 1980s wee never had black and red checks before. In the 1990s we’d never had a purple kit before (liked all of our purple kits). In the 1990s we’d never worn a white kit with navy pinstripes before or since (cracking kit, iconic with Oasis pics, even made the Oasis exhibition at Granada Studios). In the 1990s we’d never worn laser blue before (wish we never had). In the 1990s we’d never had yellow and black stripes before and never have since (all time iconic City kit).

Right throughout our history we’ve had kits or parts of kits we’ve never seen before. Some have gone down as greats, even if only seen for 1-2 years in our entire history.

You can’t keep churning out the same old same old all the time. It gets boring.

I like both our home kit and the black away kit this season. The 125 YEARS shirt is the best City shirt in the history of the club.

The luminous kits are always bobbins but no more bobbins than red and black stripes.

If we lift the European Cup with these purple shoulders, this kit will go down in history as a great iconic City kit that people will talk about in 25 years from now, like the yellow and black ‘99 kit. It wasn’t a nice kit, but it’s iconic City.
Wow and here’s me thinking we had no history. Must be a media thing. :-)

Lets be honest.

None of it is Manchester City.

I couldn’t give a fuck about the Hacienda, wasn’t even born when the drug den was closed.

Our away kits should be white, maroon or red and black.

And don’t get me started on purple on the home kit.

I know we live in a society where tradition counts for nothing these days but Puma should be ashamed.

Completely agree puma couldnt give a rats ass of the tradition of our club. The away kit is red and black, maroon or dickov 99. Who possibly could have dreamed up purple on a light blue strip how can you actually even think of that? Its so classless and inappropriate!

Completely agree puma couldnt give a rats ass of the tradition of our club. The away kit is red and black, maroon or dickov 99. Who possibly could have dreamed up purple on a light blue strip how can you actually even think of that? Its so classless and inappropriate!

I agree with all of your post apart from the ‘99 kit.
We shouldn’t be wearing that monstrosity either.

Red and Black
Maroon
White with red and black sash

Rotate these in slightly different styles and people will buy it.

The Rags had red, white and black socks consistently for decades and still sold plenty.

I’m not saying we should copy those twats but it shows consistency doesn’t mean poor sales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.