Wolves (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAG

Another tough fixture ... but then after Arsenal away and Leicester at home, am feeling more confident ...

Aguero is back as well, which is a plus ... David Silva to return by then and we’d have decent nos to rotate in midfield and forward positions as then there’s three games within 6 days!

27/12 - Wolves (A)
29/12 - Sheffield United (H)
01/01 - Everton (H)

Let me rephrase, that’s Nuno’s Wolves, Wilder’s Sheffield and Ancelotti’s Everton ... ain’t going to be easy ... but I see 9 points out of 9 incoming ;)

Would Mahrez keep his place? Sterling needs a rest but who can play there? Rodri surely comes back in ...

Wolves did a number on us only a few weeks ago at the Etihad ... and even at home they’d play against us the same way as if an away team and try and counter with pace ...

Had we dropped any points here today, the whole mood would’ve been downbeat but onwards and upwards ... c’mon City!

If we had played like we did today against them, it would have been a win for us.
We MUST be more clinical putting away the chances.

If we win against Wolves, we will have just 3 pts less than last season after 19 games.

Play the same team, 6 days are enough to recover.

Spot on. How can he change that team after today, with a 6 day gap. Wolves away is the hardest of the 3 games - make the odd change for Sheff id say,
like starting Foden.

Same team for me, wolves provide a threat on the break as we experienced at home so we need the same level of intensity to prevent them from exploiting us. We can rotate for Sheff United at home, they’ll have played two games in not quite as short a period but short enough for them to need to rotate too

Short memories ... after a brilliant performance against Burnley calls were all over here to keep the same team, which Pep hadn’t done till then this season and so lo and behold we got the wish in the derby ... only 1 change where Stones had come in ... we all know how different we looked right from the start ... so I’m not so sure if rewarding a good performance by keeping their place is what works within this team ...

Short memories ... after a brilliant performance against Burnley calls were all over here to keep the same team, which Pep hadn’t done till then this season and so lo and behold we got the wish in the derby ... only 1 change where Stones had come in ... we all know how different we looked right from the start ... so I’m not so sure if rewarding a good performance by keeping their place is what works within this team ...

Burnley and Man U are completely different teams though. Burnley don't have the tools to hurt us on the counter. Leicester at home and Wolves away are comparable fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.