DRINK A DRINK FOR COLIN THE KING THIS BOXING DAY.

You are wrong..... Google it yourself like I did, that counts as looking it up doesn't it??

He's the leader of Man City, our City our Team .... Let's agree in that ...
Absolute bullshit. People can put anything they like on the internet. It proves nothing.

Front row, left and centre are the two I can't get. Is on Ged Keegan who scored in the semi against Boro?

Yep, that's Ged Keegan alright. Like you, I'm stumped by the guy to the left of him. I'm also stumped by the guy between Pete Barnes and Mike Doyle, although it's annoying me, because I know that face really well.

Edit: aaah, just come back to me! It's Paul Power, of course.

Could the one on left be Dennis Leman? Though I thought he left before then. Or could it be Glyn Pardoe who was on the coaching staff at the time?
Stewart Lee and Michael Robinson were my other thoughts but I don't think we signed them until the following summer.

Last edited:
Could the one on left be Dennis Leman? Though I thought he left before then. Or could it be Glyn Pardoe who was on the coaching staff at the time?
Stewart Lee and Michael Robinson were my other thoughts but I don't think we signed them until the following summer.
Think the guy on the left of Keegan is Jimmy Conway

I was there and it remains one of the top five games I ever saw at Maine Road.

Just looked it up and we are both wrong :-)) it's leader of our City ...
We’ll drink a drink a drink
To Colin, The King, The King, The King
He’s the Leader of Man Ci-i-ty
He’s the greatest
Inside forward
That the world has ever seen!

And subsequent verses, or versions, would extend the words “Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee’ll” and
“woooooooooooooorld”

That’s what I always sung, so if that’s wrong...?!

And, got them all except bottom left. No idea! Doesn’t even ring a bell!!!!!!!!

We’ll drink a drink a drink
To Colin, The King, The King, The King
He’s the Leader of Man Ci-i-ty
He’s the greatest
Inside forward
That the world has ever seen!

And subsequent verses, or versions, would extend the words “Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee’ll” and
“woooooooooooooorld”

That’s what I always sung, so if that’s wrong...?!

And, got them all except bottom left. No idea! Doesn’t even ring a bell!!!!!!!!
Those words are what I've sung for. 40 odd years mate, no idea where " leader of our team" came from, maybe we all just sing our own words, as long as they proclaim Colin Bell to be the King, I'm happy :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.