Belle Vue Dogs

Born amd bred gortonian/abbey heyan I have seen the place be neglected forndecades bar bulding a tesco and redoing the market up.

You had the ressers, tan yard brow and it's nature walk, the lovely sunny brow park and old georgian houses and cottages of far lane
A few pints in the vale tucked away or after relaxing in debdale a fee in the pamona then a walk to the nelson and wagon, a wallk up and a nice curry in the indian restaraunt then walk up to belle vue having a few next to belle vue teaun station then over to the lake (though that shut about ayear after I went in )
I went in the Pomona just once and still remember going, the landlady was very glamorous in a faded 1950’s kind of way in how she dressed. She told us she used to be an actress, very “lovey” in that respect, not sure if she was being completely honest.

Grew up in Gorton and stayed the best part of 30 years but got to say the place has gone downhill !! My mum still lives near Sunnybrow park and it’s just a dump compared what it used to be like ! Closing down the market and building a whopping Tesco was always a terrible idea . As for the dogs it was always a good night out but even though it was on my doorstep I only went a handful of times .
Investment is needed in the area but a new housing estate isn’t one of them . Like a few others have said Hyde road is looking like a shanty town and probably would have been a better place to start , also need to open Gorton Tub back up .

It should have been a protected building IMO it's a part of our Mancunian DNA. Now I don't profess to know all the logistics concerning the business side of things but as a landmark instead of even more houses would have been preferable.

Where are the Speedway team riding then.?
The Aces now race at the national stadium built on kirkmanshulme lane. Never been but played football there years ago, when the gorton league owned the site. Sad to see the dogs go. Last time i went there was people outside telling anyone who would listen, how bad a life it was for the greyhounds.

The Aces now race at the national stadium built on kirkmanshulme lane. Never been but played football there years ago, when the gorton league owned the site. Sad to see the dogs go. Last time i went there was people outside telling anyone who would listen, how bad a life it was for the greyhounds.
And they're not wrong. Spend a few minutes looking up "greyhounds after racing". It isn't very nice reading.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.