Garry Cook interview in The Athletic

Ric

Administrator
Behind a paywall sadly, but Daniel Taylor’s interview with Cook is a great read for anyone who’s got a subscription.

Fantastic read, even though most of it were already known.

The "its getting real messy here" getting misheard for "Lets get Messi" is just pure gold, but what I found crazy is that according to Cook we made a bid for 70 million, and Barca came back and said if the bid came a couple of weeks earlier they would probably have made a deal.

Huge money at the time but imagine if our marquee signing was Messi and not Robinho. He would be well worth the 70 million even though it was considered bat-shit insane at the time lol

They should really make a biopic of Cooks time here

Garry got some stick for his brash PR, which he picked up working in US for Nike, but he did some fantastic work for the club esp. on the development of CFA. Pity it ended in tears.
Loved the guy, people took the pi** out of Garry, but what he said came true. The signings made during his tenure were players who would be the backbone of our side for the best part of 10 years.

I for one miss him. Merry Christmas Garrry

Loved the guy, people took the pi** out of Garry, but what he said came true. The signings made during his tenure were players who would be the backbone of our side for the best part of 10 years.

I for one miss him. Merry Christmas Garrry

The club moved up a level after he went and the signings now are better. Sterling, DeBruyne etc.

He dropped too many gaffes and wanted to be everyones friend. You can’t do that at his level.

Does he even have a job anymore? Ultimate fighting, Wigan Athletic, computer games... I legitimately don’t know what he does.

Give me Ferran Soriano’s era any day.

The club moved up a level after he went and the signings now are better. Sterling, DeBruyne etc.

He dropped too many gaffes and wanted to be everyones friend. You can’t do that at his level.

Does he even have a job anymore? Ultimate fighting, Wigan Athletic, computer games... I legitimately don’t know what he does.

Give me Ferran Soriano’s era any day.
Could not disagree more. He put us on the map, got people talking about us and ALWAYS fought our case.

His signings on the whole were outstanding.

Ferran Soriano, not sure what to say about the guy,he's like the invisible man.Never heard a word from him, never seen him fight back when as a club we have received press that was libellous and slanderous.

Garry Cook had many faults, but one could never doubt his commitment and passion to Manchester City FC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.