Wolves - post match

Gundogan, Mendy, Cancelo, Angelino.

Plus not replacing Kompany.

To be fair Gundo’s had two horrendous injuries... Cancelo has been here a few months and is still settling in. Angelino was only ever third choice. Mendy agreed has been a huge disappointment but again a couple of long lay offs haven’t helped. I honestly don’t think there’s too much wrong in the transfer department apart from the gamble we took of not replacing Kompany - and the long term loss of Laporte.

Yeah. And they spout a lot of childish rubbish without taking into account the current injury situation - despite which, we’re still easily 3rd in the league (& will improve) & in all other cups.

short memories too. It’s not easy to win the PL 3 times on the trot (especially with half the team missing)

Klipperty is already moaning because a couple of squad players are injured. Imagine the media excuses if they’d lost VVD Salah Mane & one of their full backs.

Let’s have some perspective
Yep before a ball was kicked we knew our first choice CB pairing would not be playing, as has been the case for most of the season. No Laporte and Fernandinho on the pitch but not where he can affect the game like we know he can. So its basically like we've also lost Fernandinho too as a result. Already a harder task than it was last season for City and an easier one for Wolves. In the end we lost a game from a harsh red card(Ederson didn't make the contact, Jota did) because we had to play with 10 for 80 mins. All of this with Bravo in goal(not at fault for any of the goals),who makes the backline nervous with 11men on the field.

If we hadn't gone 2-0 up, nobody would be thinking we should have won that game, or be surprised that we lost it. Wolves should be winning that game with the team they have. Wolves away ,is not a place you'd expect a win from, with 10 men.

Are you dismissing the failure to replace Kompany?

I know we’ve had injuries, and a fit Laporte would change things massively, but we shouldn’t be in this situation as we should have replaced our leader and greatest centre back.

What about the other missing players - Kompany leaving is not the reason we are struggling. It’s playing with 10 men AND 4 of those 10 men wouldn’t be playing if D Silva; Aguero; Jesus Laporte & Sane were fit

We’ve lost medical and recruitment staff to Liverpool and it’s showing, they seem to get zero injuries, look fitter and over the last couple of seasons have recruited better.

We have a lot of work to do in many areas, back room and playing staff, it should have started two summers ago when we failed to get a replacement for Fernandinho and didn’t manage that until this season with Rodri, but failing to sort the centre half and left back issues for two seasons has caught up with us this season. We’ve had an amazing last couple of seasons, I hope we can get Laporte and Sane back before the champions league resumes and put in a decent challenge.

Who are the people we lost from recruitment to Liverpool? Know we have lost a chief scout and the physio manager. Any more? Very worrying indeed.

I still think man city will win the champions league. Laporte will be back.

Sane will mean we won't have to play Mahrez

No other team in Europe has a midfield the quality of rodri, de Bruyne and Bernardo.

Freeing up Fernandinho to go in midfield will also be huge. He is so important to what we do. Everything went through him last season.

I'd like to see
Ederson
Walker stones Laporte zinchenko
Fernandinho
Rodri De Bruyne
Bernardo Aguero Sterling/Sane

That matches up with the best of them. Having Bernardo on the right mitigates how shit walker is because Bernie works his hole off.
He will just play ferdy and Laporte at the back I think . His trust with stones and otamendi is gone so I’m hoping he starts Garcia or buys in January

We have been unable to defend the title because of injury to Laporte. That's not criminal. That's bad luck.
Once again Sir I would suggest Laporte's stature and reputation grows with every game he doesn't play.. I like him but feel he is easily done by pace and strength, lacks aerial ability and leadership but in this defence he would seem like Bobby Moore. Laporte was humbled by Spuds in the European semis. He will be great with another great defender alongside him..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.