Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves plan was to hit it to the wings and win a free kick and he just kept falling for it every time. I know he has the turning circle of a bus but use your fucking brain.

Had no choice in playing Ota as he is only senior centre back who isn't currently injured.

Dude is so gone after this season, in case you were wondering....

Too bad as he made a huge improvement 2 seasons ago, and has his moments, but other moments clearly lead Pep to the water bottle...

We should have cashed in on him after the Centurion season as I said. His value was higher than it was ever going to be, probably could have got £30m.

Now he is wayyyyy past it. Sell him in the summer to anyone willing to buy.

No pace at all, and a red card waiting to happen. He costs us goals all the time.

get rid, literally less risky to play Garcia or THB

He was on a hiding to nothing the way we set up. Expecting him to defend a high line against a team that has already exposed it this season was ignorant from pep.
Especially as we'd already repeated the same high-line mistakes against the rags. Otamendi is what he is and those flaws in his game are not going away but overall I didn't think he had a bad game.

Brennan gave him a 9 out of 10.

tenor.gif

Especially as we'd already repeated the same high-line mistakes against the rags. Otamendi is what he is and those flaws in his game are not going away but overall I didn't think he had a bad game.

We made a number of mistakes and poor choices yesterday, but Otamendi failing to react as Jota ran right past him (not on the blindside, literally right past him) for the first goal compounded by his ludicrous attempt at a tackle for the third goal were the worst of the bunch.

You can forgive his lack of pace. What is much harder to look past is such an experienced player making such terrible decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.