Wolves - post match

While there's more to defending than tackling, everyone in football never shuts up about the number of tackles VvD tends to win (albeit he's dipped this season). So, positional play apart, is VvD making all these tackles because he's 'already made a mistake' ? I don't think so - albeit it pains me to say so.
Take it up with Franco mate

Mendy...uugggh...

Meanwhile Traore who's basically been an NFL player masquerading as a footballer and not sure what's happened but he's been really impressive for a bit now. So have others who've fizzled out, so needs more consistency, but if so could be a new beast level player if he can figure it out.

Sterling's pen misses and free kick, plus KDB coming out tells me Pep is using these games to see what might be his options, who will stay/go, and develop others/test out in new areas against good competition, compared to caring about results in the PL.

That's also why no buys in January, and the more I think he stays at least one more season to beat Klopp and the Liverpool love in. Why would he want to go out with Klopp on top? Pep is too much of a competitor.

Season has been long lost for some time. Even on that, I'd rather Liverpool win the league this way then the way we did last season. At least I already know it's happening 5 months in advance.

I agree with you.. but we didn’t buy one.. hence my pop at our defensive recruitment or lack of it.

We went into the season Ill prepared and it’s backfired big time. End of discussion.
We went into the season with 3 senior centre backs and Eric Garcia, who's very highly rated.

Laporte got hurt. Stones went mard and Guardiola won't play Garcia with Otamendi.

You can't prepare for losing one of the best centre halves in the world. It just cant be done

What makes it worse is when shite or bang average footballers have good games against us. That's twice Traore has had good games against us. He would not look out of place in a Championship side.

I am not of the opinion we deserved anything out of the game but the diving from the Wolves players was comical. I'd be embarrassed if our players did the same.

He has never been amazing but anyhow we can’t rely on one player to make our defence that is not good planning. Our attack is fine we will need a new centre forward at some point. When I watched the Leicester game(we played very well) that first goal was so obvious so glaring in our weakness that it was laughable that pep doesn’t even try to negate it. He has basically gone the mascherano route and we will stick with it to the death. Stubbornness pure and simple.

We have spunked a lot of money on defence and we have a decent keeper and a great centre half. For a top squad that is very poor.
Mendy Amazing bwhaaaaaaaaaa

I agree with you, the Guy is really bad,constantly loses possession.When dispossessed we are always exposed to the quick counter.He has no redeeming qualities,his crosses are like Exocet Missiles that rarely find anyone in a City shirt.

Pep in my opinion keeps playing him in the belief that he will get better,"no Pep he wont"

I think he should invent Twiiter Boxing,he is built for it.He will get another 1,000 000 followers.
He will be out on loan next season,and likely the rest of his City contract,he is that bad.

Mendy makes Mangala look like Paolo Maldini

We went into the season with 3 senior centre backs and Eric Garcia, who's very highly rated.

Laporte got hurt. Stones went mard and Guardiola won't play Garcia with Otamendi.

You can't prepare for losing one of the best centre halves in the world. It just cant be done

Haha... 3 recognised centre backs is not enough and most of us realised this... what other top sides in Europe go into a season with 3 recognised centre backs.. go on.. name them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.