Do we actually have a transfer strategy?

Liverpool have managed to create a system that is more effective than ours, where their key attacking assets in full-backs cost them about £7m, their front 3 cost around £100m and when they spotted weaknesses they broke records to patch them up.

Instead we fixed our original weaknesses in one fell swoop in 17/18, rode clear and then tried to be clever and spunked fortunes on squad players who don't discernibly improve us, meanwhile our opportunity to fill in gaps with youngsters has been stifled to our detriment.

Unless we go back to the well with an evolved philosophy and another £200m I don't see us catching the Dippers under Klopp, because by hook or where necessary by crook, they are on it on and off the pitch, exploiting every resource and hammering us as a result. They've been playing dirty for years and we've allowed them to get on top because we didn't ruthlessly crush them on and off the pitch.
Exactly this. We have not set out a strategy for long term domination. Instead we bought average instead of outstanding whilst failing to keep pulling away from our rivals.

Will be interesting to see if we continue to sign 50m+ players in the summer, or if we can use some of our youngsters or loanees we already have, or if we could find some bargains in the market. Mendy, Cancelo and Stones cost us 160m, and none of them is close to justifying their price tag. Mahrez at 60m is another questionable buy IMO

Will be interesting to see if we continue to sign 50m+ players in the summer, or if we can use some of our youngsters or loanees we already have, or if we could find some bargains in the market. Mendy, Cancelo and Stones cost us 160m, and none of them is close to justifying their price tag. Mahrez at 60m is another questionable buy IMO
Lazy scouting. We have obsession even back up players costing huge money. Why not use the scouting network we have? It feels like we look whos the flavour of the month for each position and sign based on that.

So any comments after that?
You still haven't explained your sniffing. Generally people 'sniff' at suspicions of those who don't sound like a real fan.

My point is your comments sounded more sniff+worthy than his. So I still don't get the point of your 'sniff' sniffing :?

You still haven't explained your sniffing. Generally people 'sniff' at suspicions of those who don't sound like a real fan.

My point is your comments sounded more sniff+worthy than his. So I still don't get the point of your 'sniff' sniffing :?

Where does 1,000 times more supportive figure come from?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.