Do we actually have a transfer strategy?

Txiki has a long history of this type of scenario we are seeing, when he was at barca. Both great buys and some total shockers
Hes fine with forwards and midfielders. But lets be honest bar Laporte our CB signings have been utter shit, fullbacks not much better. He clearly struggles at defensive department

Txiki has a long history of this type of scenario we are seeing, when he was at barca. Both great buys and some total shockers

Happens at every club. Fergie f****** up loads of times & he didn’t have to try to get players to go to the rags. There was no competition

Happens at every club. Fergie f****** up loads of times & he didn’t have to try to get players to go to the rags. There was no competition

100% agree, they had a massive advantage, it took just one season to overhaul them and it was only the bus conductors 3 year meltdown that let the rags back in. Currently I doubt the GPC would win any more than the than two titles in the last decade. We had two exceptional transfer windows. I guess after we won the league the mission to stop us began.

100% agree, they had a massive advantage, it took just one season to overhaul them and it was only the bus conductors 3 year meltdown that let the rags back in. Currently I doubt the GPC would win any more than the than two titles in the last decade. We had two exceptional transfer windows. I guess after we won the league the mission to stop us began.[/QUOTE]

yeah. From all quarters!!

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if we continue to sign 50m+ players in the summer, or if we can use some of our youngsters or loanees we already have, or if we could find some bargains in the market. Mendy, Cancelo and Stones cost us 160m, and none of them is close to justifying their price tag. Mahrez at 60m is another questionable buy IMO
When you look at it we have blasted millions on mediocre players and that is really not good enough

When you look at it we have blasted millions on mediocre players and that is really not good enough

Okay, but Mendy before his ACL injury was looking world class and arguably a contender for the best LB in football.

Stones, prior to his life crisis it seems, was also looking top class and helped us win 100 points, and was a staple in the England defence.

Walker was also a good buy and also a staple for England until this last year.

Cancelo has been a bit more of a ? but lest we forget Bernardo was being heavily questioned by a good number of our fans during his first season, as was Fernandinho as far as I recall.

Laporte took some time as well, so let's not act like Cancelo was a huge problem. We also bought him because we needed a replacement who would fit for Danilo who wanted out, whilst Nico also wanted out. Nico only stayed because we had no replacement and Valencia wanted to steal him from us for nowhere near where we assessed his value.

And yes, we have a strategy. This question is rather strange to me.

Utd have no strategy, but I've not heard anyone with serious credibility question our transfer strategy.

We buy players that fit Pep's system or he believes he can mould into the system.

I'm a bit lost as to where this question comes from.

Okay, but Mendy before his ACL injury was looking world class and arguably a contender for the best LB in football.

Stones, prior to his life crisis it seems, was also looking top class and helped us win 100 points, and was a staple in the England defence.

Cancelo has been a bit more of a ? but lest we forget Bernardo was being heavily questioned by a good number of our fans during his first season, as was Fernandinho as far as I recall.

Laporte took some time as well, so let's not act like Cancelo was a huge problem. We also bought him because we needed a replacement who would fit for Danilo who wanted out, whilst Nico also wanted out. Nico only stayed because we had no replacement and Valencia wanted to steal him from us for nowhere near where we assessed his value.
Mendy was playing well in the french league we’re realky only one game a season matters and France are not renowned for there left backs really . Stones has had half a decent season and yes plays well for England but when it mattered against decent country’s England we’re found wanting . Anyone can beat me he likes of Panama and look good . Walker has been really good and isn’t finished yet . As for cancelo dirsnt matter how good he is ot gonna be if he doesn’t want to be here . Otamendi was going until vinny said he was going then he thought he’d stay and have another go . Don’t forget it’s great being a defender when your rinsing teams week in and week out like we did in the centurions year but not so great when it’s backs to the wall

Bernardo played pretty often. Cancelo barely gets a game.... Mahrez too was unnecessary signing especially for £60m. We weren't exactly struggling with our forward options.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.