Has this season turned the laws of the game a farce?

I actually think it was the spurs game this season - at least I could understand what they were analyzing in that CL game but WTF was all that about with the ball brushing stones arm in the passage of play disallowing a winning goal that Jesus scored in the last minute! That’s the moments all fans used to dream about and celebrate and now we have to wait for multiple checks for fractional offsides and incidents going back who knows how long before the goal was scored.

That was a long walk back to the station that day as I knew something was dying in the game and felt bad for my lad who was with me if this was going to be the future.
Football died for me that day , my last match after 45yrs .

Why won’t they look at the tv next to the pitch? They showed it there last night, what’s the point in having it if it’s not used. Surely if you are the ref you want to look at the replay and make a decision rather than trust someone else not in the ground?

It works in the champions league, worked in the World Cup. Yet the Premier league can’t get this right unless there are more sinister reasons why they don’t use the pitch side monitors?

You get my sentiments tho
Yes I do. However VAR isn't going away so the game needs to use it better and that may include tinkering with the laws in some cases, especially offside and handballs yet again. The first thing though is for England to use it like everyone else with the monitor and IMO a mike by the monitor for the ref to explain to fans exactly what he's seeing.

Why won’t they look at the tv next to the pitch? They showed it there last night, what’s the point in having it if it’s not used. Surely if you are the ref you want to look at the replay and make a decision rather than trust someone else not in the ground?

It works in the champions league, worked in the World Cup. Yet the Premier league can’t get this right unless there are more sinister reasons why they don’t use the pitch side monitors?
Because old mother Riley said it should be only used sparingly as it might take too long!!!! Has he not seen how long some VAR decisions take!!

Because old mother Riley said it should be only used sparingly as it might take too long!!!! Has he not seen how long some VAR decisions take!!

This!

Comes back to the clear and obvious.
If VAR can see an infringement (or lack of infringement) within 30 seconds then say so. If not then go with the onfield ref.
Not really that hard is it? Marhez had his foot stepped on, clear as day within 10 seconds of replay so why did it take so long?

This!

Comes back to the clear and obvious.
If VAR can see an infringement (or lack of infringement) within 30 seconds then say so. If not then go with the onfield ref.
Not really that hard is it? Marhez had his foot stepped on, clear as day within 10 seconds of replay so why did it take so long?

Depends which idiot is reviewing it... took Jim Beglin about ten replays (and probably a word from the director) before he mentioned the stamp on Mahrez's foot.

Yes I do. However VAR isn't going away so the game needs to use it better and that may include tinkering with the laws in some cases, especially offside and handballs yet again. The first thing though is for England to use it like everyone else with the monitor and IMO a mike by the monitor for the ref to explain to fans exactly what he's seeing.
Theyve admitted that technology ismt quite up to it for offsides .. so why on earth use it. That norwich goal chalked off was criminal

The Tottenham game was the one for me last year, what’s the point in celebrating a goal when it could well be disallowed five minutes later. It seems that agendas can be delivered, Llorente handling, our offside in the last minute and VAR is definitely ruining football. I’m well and truly pissed off with the authorities trying to influence results, maybe I’m reading too much into things but that’s how it seems to me. The handball at Liverpool another total game changer, how does that not get given?

I knew it immediately after the Spurs game. I knew I was going to need a break from football as the writing was on the wall. Since, the writing has become huge. Massive capital letters. What a fucking disgrace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.