Can Leicester City win the title again ?

Love playing Leicester when we're on our game. The combination of the high press and Schmeichel's pitiful distribution leads to mayhem in their defensive third.

They might not win it this season but they could under Brenda or become regular challengers of top 4 under him. Used to hate Brenda for his Liverpool links but since he isn't there so my hate has subsided, I do admire the man, a fine manager indeed.

Now we see how good Rodgers is.

In part, Leicester are 2nd because City have sunk and SPurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd are in difficulty. Leicester have improved both absolutely and relatively.

I would worry for Leicester based on their shocking performances against Man City and Liverpool. And I would worry for Leicester on their almost complete reliance on Jamie Vardy. Vardy gives them a tremendous efficiency in attack. They can be strong defensively because they don't have to put huge effort into attacking. In my opinion Leicester have a big opportunity now because their rivals are weak but they need to take full advantage because this may not last. And they also need to prepare for Vardy's decline. His game is quite likely to fall off a cliff soon because it is so much based around speed.

Nah, it was the perfect storm for them to have won it last time. Not saying it could never happen, but it would require the same set of circumstances to all coincide once again.

In part, Leicester are 2nd because City have sunk and SPurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd are in difficulty. Leicester have improved both absolutely and relatively.

I would worry for Leicester based on their shocking performances against Man City and Liverpool. And I would worry for Leicester on their almost complete reliance on Jamie Vardy. Vardy gives them a tremendous efficiency in attack. They can be strong defensively because they don't have to put huge effort into attacking. In my opinion Leicester have a big opportunity now because their rivals are weak but they need to take full advantage because this may not last. And they also need to prepare for Vardy's decline. His game is quite likely to fall off a cliff soon because it is so much based around speed.

They've done well, I hope they get top 4, but it's a huge battle for those #3 & #4 positions. No team has a god given right to be wherever they are, I even wonder if the "top 6" thinking is outdated.

The surprise team of the season is actually Sheffield United so far. Wolves were already considered best of the rest last season.

Nah, it was the perfect storm for them to have won it last time. Not saying it could never happen, but it would require the same set of circumstances to all coincide once again.

I think it was literally the biggest upset in the history of competitive sports. Nothing else compares--maybe Denmark winning Euros in 92. I think most upsets in other sports have been one-offs, what was shocking about Leicester was that it lasted the whole season.

Spurs missed a huge chance.

When they won it every single top clubs was underperforming. This year Liverpool is overperforming they probably wont drop points until the Etihad game.

When they won it every single top clubs was underperforming. This year Liverpool is overperforming they probably wont drop points until the Etihad game.

We are overperforming in regards to being on a record pace perhaps, but we're not overperforming in being one of the best three teams in Europe. I wouldn't say our position in the league is undeserved.

Just like us our game was based around speed our counter attack were a deadly weapon.

We have lost Sane, lost Fern in midfield, Silva legs gone, Bernardo, Sterling and Kdb struggling at times and looking knackered.

Pace is so important in the game, especially in the domestic game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.