Sheffield United (H) - Post-Match Thread

Having just seen the goals. Our two are good. The one involving the ref — if he himself had deflected the ball into the path of an onrushing City player, that would be clearly an injustice. That's not what happens. He doesn't appear to touch it at all. The Sheffield United player goes through his legs to play it to De Bruyne. On the other hand, I will never change my opinion about ruling goals out because of half a foot, or half an armpit, or whatever. It was a superb pass. The goal should have stood. Fair result: 2-1.

Don't let the result distract you from the fact we were shit for the vast majority of that game, and thank god for the referee's intervention because we hadn't created a sniff before that got handed to us.

everything was out of the window tonight and getting the 3 points was hard, its been like drinking the very best champagne for 2 years and now having to drink prosecco ?? we have run out of the best stuff and pep's put a new order in for the summer hopefully, because we got a tasting for the best stuff hahahaha

Happy with the three points after the Wolves debacle.

KDB man of the match, Mahrez a close second. Garcia played well, can't help but wonder after the second half why we haven't slot Rodri in at the back to put Fernandinho in his ideal spot. Worked wonders in the second half.

Should have been done long before now, IMO. Might not be 14 points behind now.

Having just seen the goals. Our two are good. The one involving the ref — if he himself had deflected the ball into the path of an onrushing City player, that would be clearly an injustice. That's not what happens. He doesn't appear to touch it at all. The Sheffield United player goes through his legs to play it to De Bruyne. On the other hand, I will never change my opinion about ruling goals out because of half a foot, or half an armpit, or whatever. It was a superb pass. The goal should have stood. Fair result: 2-1.

He clearly gets in the way and causes us to get the ball, it is very unlucky for Sheffield and they've got every right to be aggrieved but the rules are the rules and seemingly the rules say play on if he doesn't touch it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.