#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last 4 or 5 years he’s been at Benfica, Valencia, Inter Milan, Juventus and City, and probably another club either next month or in the summer. Something not right about him.

«I hope so». Doesn’t sound like it’s guaranteed he will stay here

Nothing is guaranteed in football.

At the moment my guess is that he's just not playing because him and his missus have had a kid and they're both probably knackered due to all the sleepless nights and everything else that comes with it.

But I reckon he'll be off in the summer. Strikes me as a Nolito type who isn't exactly suited to life in Manchester and I also think he's got enough belief in his own ability to want to be playing every week.

I could be totally wrong but, if true, it makes me wonder why he came in the first place. Then again, Juve needed to balance the books and Bernardo probably put in a good word.

At the moment my guess is that he's just not playing because him and his missus have had a kid and they're both probably knackered due to all the sleepless nights and everything else that comes with it.
Forgot that. That could explain a lot

In the last 4 or 5 years he’s been at Benfica, Valencia, Inter Milan, Juventus and City, and probably another club either next month or in the summer. Something not right about him.

What a bizarre attempt at analysis.

He's a young player who was moving up the ranks of world football quickly.

Maybe he is struggling to settle in here, which happens sometimes, but to proclaim hes a wrongun for working his way up the footballing ladder is ridiculous.

De Bruyne was at 5 clubs in 3 years at the same age, I suppose theres something "not right" about him too.

i think it was a bit of a mistake to go for him. Nice player but i just dont think he's suited to the physicality of the prem. If i was to hedge bets, i think he'll be off in the summer, either permanently or on loan

The idea of having two top class players for each position is great, but in practice doesn't work.

It was exactly the same with Danilo, we saw it on the wings with Sane (following Mahrez's purchase), we're seeing it now with Cancelo and we'll no doubt see it with one of our 3 LB's in the summer.

The club needs to learn from it's mistakes over buying for the sake of it. Pep may think it works, but it just causes squad unrest in my opinion and causes him unnecessary selection headaches. You're never going to get your £50m playing like one until they get a consistent run of games in the team, rather than fleeting appearances.

Given the amount Walker's played over the last few seasons and his role in the team, it was clear that Cancelo wasn't going to uproot him, even if he was a revelation. Frimpong's lighting it up with Celtic, why wasn't he given a chance to be Walker's number 2 if all that we require is someone to fill in for 20 odd games a season at this stage? It was exactly the same case with Maffeo - why wasn't he brought back to be Walker's number 2 after a great spell with Girona in La Liga? Instead, we had to sign a £25m backup who hardly played and ended up leaving due to lack of game time. Danilo's signing was at the cost of an additional left back as well and we all know how that turned out with Mendy's situation.

Club needs a serious rethink of it's recruitment strategy. Pep and the board seem to get so precious over the criticism of the amount we spend, citing that we're not breaking world record fees like other clubs, but the simple fact is, other clubs don't go out and spend £50m on backup players - they either buy players who are happy to sit on the bench and play when needed, or develop them from their own academy, which we are more than capable of, but don't facilitate.

There was a clip on Inside City earlier in the season where Bernardo was taking the piss out of him (not in a snide way or owt) and he didn’t find it funny and saw his arse which lead Bernardo to start pissing himself at him.

Doesn’t seem settled or part of this squad and doesn’t seem to have a sense of humour from that video haha.

He’s also been very poor in a few games and I think it might be best if he’s moved on.

I also have no idea why we couldn’t have promoted Frimpong to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.