Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated the Laws of the Game for the 2019/20 season.

Handballs
Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season even if it is accidental.

The handball rule now has extra clarity because it does not consider intent by a player.

Another big change is to do with the position of a player's hand/arm.

If the ball hits a player who has made their body "unnaturally bigger" then a foul will be awarded.

IFAB says that having the hand/arm above shoulder height is rarely a "natural" position and a player is "taking a risk" by having the hand/arm in that position, including when sliding.

It is, however, considered natural for a player to put their arm between their body and the ground for support when falling, so long as the arm is not extended to make the body bigger.

Deflections
Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.

It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player.

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby.
So you agree it was a penalty then?

They are currently heading towards finishing on something ridiculous like 110 points, so even with a significant blip or collapse they'll get over 90. Meanwhile we look like we'll do well to finish on 80-odd. The title is done then, but if they did somehow manage to fuck this up from here I'm not sure I would ever be able to stop laughing.

Can I try to answer your questions? I'm not a fan of us calling this conspiracy theory and would like us to talk about us rather than liverpool. So here we go...

You say from start of the season we didnt have any decisions for us, as a matter of fact, we had a brilliant early schedule compared to liverpool. Imagine this, by the time we played liverpool, our first competitive game of the season, liverpool already played Chelsea twice, Napoli, Arsenal, Spurs and MU. We should have taken the lead, but we drew againts Spurs, the only competitive game before liverpool. We didnt capitalise with this, Liverpool was sweeping teams away apart from MU game, which I will talk about later.

Our CL groupstage, was EL level. Could not have picked a easier group, should have helped our bpl as it was less competitive games, but again, we didnt capitalise. Liverpool had a tricky opponents, Napoli who did beat them twice and RBS. Tougher run of games for Liverpool.

Liverpool played MK Don, Arsenal and Aston villa in league cup. We got Preston, Southampton, and Oxford. Again considerably easier opposition and remember, FA refused to push the game away while liverpool travelled to Dubai for CWC and played 2 games againts respected opposition who was showing themself to the world and had to travel back to play Leicester. We again, didnt capitalise since liverpool played one bpl game less.

So we had easier schedule all over the beginning of the season, bpl, league cups and CL,except for christmas. But that seem to be your only focus. We just didnt capitalise while we had the chance.

Let's talk about VAR. Liverpool had a clear as day light penalty not given vs Newcastle, goal disallowed againts Watford, MU, us , Aston villa and that MU goal that was given eventhough VAR clearly was showing a fault. I can't remember if there was more. They were affected by VAR as much as us.

That TAA handball, looks like handball to me, il agree. Can you tell me right before it hits his hand, did it hit silvas hand or not? And why our own players didnt play to the damn whistle. Was that the winning goal, no, we lost 3-1.

You must be thinking why I am talking about CL, group stages and league cup. It's because it looks like a great setup for us to succeed. We just didnt take our chance. We played againts liverpool only once, they had no say in other games. Last season they only lost once and lost the title by 1 point. Third highest ever points tally without VAR. They look like they going on the same run this season as last season. So its no fluke.

Now, don't resort to abuse please, I just want us to stop talking about liverpool and conspiracy theories and focus in ourself. Please. Let's be constructive. Apologise if I offended anyone.

amazing that this post states we must focus on ourselves and not liverpool - yet this post has its tongue firmly up liverpools arse all the way through it

nice try

updated the Laws of the Game for the 2019/20 season.

Handballs
Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season even if it is accidental.

The handball rule now has extra clarity because it does not consider intent by a player.

Another big change is to do with the position of a player's hand/arm.

If the ball hits a player who has made their body "unnaturally bigger" then a foul will be awarded.

IFAB says that having the hand/arm above shoulder height is rarely a "natural" position and a player is "taking a risk" by having the hand/arm in that position, including when sliding.

It is, however, considered natural for a player to put their arm between their body and the ground for support when falling, so long as the arm is not extended to make the body bigger.

Deflections
Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.

It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player.

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby.

I don’t know where you got this attempt at a summary of the new laws from but it’s wrong. Here is the actual law, and the source so you can check it yourself.

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:
    • scores in the opponents’ goal
    • creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

Here is the source: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Do you see the words ‘and then’? What that means is that the player committing the handball has got to gain control of the ball and then either score or create a goal scoring opportunity. If it merely touches the hand and possession is gained by another teammate it isn’t handball.

It’s always wise to check the actual law rather than what someone else thinks it is.

I don’t know where you got this attempt at a summary of the new laws from but it’s wrong. Here is the actual law, and the source so you can check it yourself.

Here is the source: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Do you see the words ‘and then’? What that means is that the player committing the handball has got to gain control of the ball and then either score or create a goal scoring opportunity. If it merely touches the hand and possession is gained by another teammate it isn’t handball.

It’s always wise to check the actual law rather than what someone else thinks it is.
I got it from the premier league website.
But looking at your link I see it's in the too , you just have to continue reading

Title race has been over, but I would really like to see them drop some points just so they don't cross the 100 mark. Would be pretty annoying for that record to only stand for two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.