VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

It's ruining the game, isn't it?

Mayo31 has nailed it for me with "For me it's about the spontaneity of celebrating a goal which has been taken away."

There's no fun in celebrating, only to wait 2 minutes in anticipation of the opposing side taking a spot kick, to celebrate that it was actually a goal. To top it off yesterday, I couldn't help but feel it was (once again) one sided as Everton's goal didn't seem to face the same VAR interrogation both of ours did.

I was talking to the lads behind me during the Mahrez 'penalty' decision and saying I just hoped they'd boycott the Penalty in protest. Whoever took it should have passed it softly to the keeper/out of play as a F*** You to VAR.

For the first time in my match going life I started texting mates after the Mahrez offside/penalty farce. I did what I have slagged tourists off for, that's how far removed I felt from the game I love. I recovered by half time and thought fuck 'em, I will shout the team on just to piss the powers that be off but if this continues I am not sure I will be renewing.
Same here.
I logged onto Bluemoon to find out what was going on for the penalty shout, the offside, and the Foden tackle from behind.
It’s ridiculous that people at home get to find out what’s going on whilst the fans in the stadium are kept in the dark.

when we watched it at the world cup it looked a fantastic innovation. It is how it is being implemented. how was the tackle on foden in the second half not even looked at. Do we want to go back to livarpool getting 12 offside goals a season. the very clear and obvious dives by salah and co going unpunished. I believe we are being played as fans to really hate var. I do not know if it is here to stay or not but I think the tweaks that we are being told we want will make it even worse.

As an aside , is it possible to email City to make them realise how serious this is or do we have wait until season ticket renewal time ?

Next time we score the players should all just sit down wherever they are on the pitch and wait for VAR to ok the goal then they can go and celebrate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.