Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draw their next 2 and it could get interesting again
It wouldn’t. Even if we won every single game left, we wouldn’t have a chance. Liverpool has dropped 2 points in 19 games, they won’t suddenly drop like 20 points in the same amount of the games (unless VVD, Mane, Alisson and Salah gets long term injuries). Unfortunately I think they’ll break the point record

How many of our players congratulated liverpool for their CL, super cup and CWC win? I understand the hate but lets not be hypocrites here man. Nobody needs to congratulate anyone, we are overtaking the scums as their main rival. That's says alot.
Still pretending to be a blue then

It wouldn’t. Even if we won every single game left, we wouldn’t have a chance. Liverpool has dropped 2 points in 19 games, they won’t suddenly drop like 20 points in the same amount of the games (unless VVD, Mane, Alisson and Salah gets long term injuries). Unfortunately I think they’ll break the point record

Looks likely now but much depends on their priorities: will they concentrate entirely on the league or try to win also the CL or even the FA Cup? If they try to win the CL and reach the CL semis, they might take a more relaxed approach in the PL. Another thing is injuries and form. When we think that they are likely to break the point record, we think that they will maintain their form. But that's quite uncertain. Even if they maintain their form, they might get a bit unlucky and fail to win in games in which they dominate. If they are not doped, tiredness and injuies might hit them at some point, say in the final months of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if they went through a crisis period.

Whatever, I think their success will motivate us to reach another level: already in the 2nd half of the season or next season.We are going to break records again.

So here goes...I've been a long term lurker on here, but I joined today because I want to give you guys some advice that genuinely comes from a place of love. I'm a Birmingham fan, so the top of the prem is about as far away from my clubs interests as an ant copying the hunting tactics of a lion. First some background, I grew up in the era where Liverpool were the dominant team in football, and with a few family members supporting them, I always enjoyed watching them play.

I never liked united or Chelsea but loved that early 2000's Arsenal team. Then you guys came along, and you gave me hope that maybe at some point my club could get an investor and although it's doubtful we'd get one like yours, there would be a chance to propel us up the food chain and make us relevant. I identified with you guys seeing you struggle through the lower leagues and you easily became the team I'd always watch out for in the league. Then you got Pep (whose Barca team is probably the greatest I've ever seen), so city winning the league with 100 pts a season, playing the football of the gods for a decade until we get our house in order and rightfully rise to our birthright at the top of the league would have been the ideal scenario for me - and I'm sure most of you wouldn't have minded that either!

However, this forum is a poor reflection on city this year; the conspiracy theories flying around are, to an outsider, insane. I'm a member of a few footie forums, including a Liverpool one, and last year they were full of praise and admiration for the title-winning run you put together. It wasn't a bottle job - they finished with a points tally that only one team in English league history had bettered. Twice!

Football by it's very nature is cyclical, which is why united went 26 years without winning it, and liverpool are at 30. Your owners mean that cycle is no longer relevant to you, so you'll always be around that level. You'll win it far more regularly than any other club in my opinion. That's the point, you can't win it every single year, so learning how to not cry foul every time someone else has a better season is important.

Instead of drugs, var, media, any other Alex Jones-esque infowars bullshit conspiracy theories, don't lower yourselves to that level. Re-group next year and take it back, rather than it being everyone else's fault that you're going to lose it this year.

I know you're probably going to call me a red, if everything I've read on these pages over the last few weeks is anything to go by, but I genuinely want you guys to be better than you're being. Take that with the intended sincerity, or tell me to fuck off, it's up to you.
However, this forum is a poor reflection on city this year; the conspiracy theories flying around are, to an outsider, insane. I'm a member of a few footie forums, including a Liverpool one, and last year they were full of praise and admiration for the title-winning run you put together. It wasn't a bottle job - they finished with a points tally that only one team in English league history had bettered. Twice!

Can you post links to those posts ful of admiration
They were 10pts ahead and finished 1 behind,they/you let it slip,again..

Looks likely now but much depends on their priorities: will they concentrate entirely on the league or try to win also the CL or even the FA Cup? If they try to win the CL and reach the CL semis, they might take a more relaxed approach in the PL. Another thing is injuries and form. When we think that they are likely to break the point record, we think that they will maintain their form. But that's quite uncertain. Even if they maintain their form, they might get a bit unlucky and fail to win in games in which they dominate. If they are not doped, tiredness and injuies might hit them at some point, say in the final months of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if they went through a crisis period.

Whatever, I think their success will motivate us to reach another level: already in the 2nd half of the season or next season.We are going to break records again.

They've got a safety net with the points they have at the moment. They can get to the quarters and will probably be in a position to win the league in late March early April the way things are going and then concentrate on the champions league. Fair play to them they don’t look like letting up, we need to to be better prepared next season, how big the window is will be a representation of if Guardiola is staying or not beyond next season.

Greetings......and thanks to Ric for allowing me on.
First off.....why is a Liverpool fan signing up to another teams forum? As was asked by another member.
In my case coz I am a nosey sod, but also a general lover of all things football. I had "dipped" in and out of this form and others and then found myself blocked from reading the Liverpool thread.

The reason I was "dipping" in and out was to have a chuckle at some of the posts. After some time though I did want to respond to some but also was genuinely surprised at the apparent animosity between so many (not all) board members and LFC, or maybe more precisely, the fans.

I can appreciate if much of that is as a result of the deplorable bus incident, something which has to be apologised for and can never be condoned, but I wondered if it was more than that?
Is it the general divide from each end of the East Lancs Road or is it from media or purely on field rivalry/jealousy?
From my POV, it was a surprise borne from a (maybe mistaken) belief that there was mutual dislike of that team from the City of Salford and an appreciation of good, and in recent years particularly from you lot, beautiful football.

...and a Happy New Year all

They've got a safety net with the points they have at the moment. They can get to the quarters and will probably be in a position to win the league in late March early April the way things are going and then concentrate on the champions league. Fair play to them they don’t look like letting up, we need to to be better prepared next season, how big the window is will be a representation of if Guardiola is staying or not beyond next season.

I have little doubt that they are going to win the league. The q1uestion is whether they will try to win all games after the title is in the bag or will rather try to win the double or the treble. If they try to win the CL, they might miss on the point record.

The worry over the record, is that they would have dropped points already if it wasn't for VAR. This season is an anomaly that likely wont be repeated. VAR is going to add 10+ points to their tally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.