Biggest mistakes of the decade.

If City have overestimated hospitality sales, is Man Utd's hospitality sector also exaggerated?

City should be able to steal their 'clients'. Banks don't care where their box is. They just want to have facilities with which they can entertain guests and staff.
No. United's sector does very well I believe even though much of it isn't a patch on most of ours. I don't know if any of the banks have boxes at City but I'm told that virtually all the executive boxes are sold on a seasonal basis. So I don't think the problem is with the "true" corporate market (companies with boxes in their own name) as much as with individuals. I think it's also the mix of facilities that's part of the problem. You could probably turn 5 boxes, holding 50-60 people, into something like the new Ardwick facility, which would hold 120-150.

And shame on you because before you got that City Matters gig you used to say exactly the same as me about Soriano and what he’s done in the background to our support.
As I said in an earlier post, I have issues with the strategic thinking of the club wrt our fans. My views on that haven't changed and the club are well aware of them. But that shouldn't be confused with the inevitable trappings of success and the vastly higher profile we now have. Many of those would be the same whoever was running the club.

Maybe not a mistake but would've been interesting if we had turned the coach round and refused to play the dippers that day. On the other hand we may have gotten a huge fine from Uefa and kicked out of the champs league.

Maybe not a mistake but would've been interesting if we had turned the coach round and refused to play the dippers that day. On the other hand we may have gotten a huge fine from Uefa and kicked out of the champs league.
I've said that myself. Pep " driver, drive on and stop at the greyhound on the east lancs we're going on the piss fu*k em " in a Spanish accent.

The 2nd half collapse against the rags when we could have won the league against them. Almost a once in a lifetime opportunity, squandered.

As glorious as that would have been it would have meant no Jesus 100 points moment at Southampton with virtually the last kick of the season. There’s only the Aguero moment stopping that being city’s and this countries greatest football moment

Hughes and not getting rid at the right time and that includes Mancini and Toure.

Upon consideration...

The biggest mistake of the decade absolutely has to be failure to back Mancini in the 2012-2013 season... at all.

At the start of the season, Mancini pleaded with management for big signings... at one point he made an important trip to Milan meeting with Thiago Silva and Ibrahiminovic, both players on the market and willing - and indeed did - transfer.

Instead of landing these marque players... we signed, at the last minute, and overpaying...

Javi Garcia
Matija Nastasic
Jack Rodwell
Soctt Sinclair
Maicon
Richard Wright

Mostly complete crap, though Nastasic did perform rather well in his first season for us.

Back Mancini, sign high caliber players, and we might well have won the 2012-2013 title.

Which is not to say that Mancini should have been our manager long term - his substitutions/tactics were frequently misjudged, and his man-management and lack of ability to get on with others - players, and management both - meant that a better manager was always going to be available.

Nonetheless.... the 2012-2013 treatment of Mancini is, I think our biggest missed opportunity of the decade.
Great post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.