United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Just beaten scum 3-1 in the swamp, yet still moan.
Only on city forum. Kev to blame for there goal, yet moans about sterling. Everything was going to plan until kev's sloppy play. They were obviously going to have good spell. Cheer up...

A 3 -1 away derby win, thought I’d pop in as it couldn’t be as bad as the pre match thread and I stay away from match threads. People still moaning guess I’ll leave it until tomorrow there’s some strange ones in here.

the moaning is only frustration that we didn’t put them to the sword because we all know any little glimmer of hope will be picked up and magnified a thousand fold by their media sycophants.

I know a little bit about winning and whenever I’ve had the opportunity I always let the vanquished know they’ve been beaten and given the opportunity absolutely fucking smashed....

it was there for us tonight and we let them off the hook....so yes, frustration

Again. If you think this is a side that is built to protect leads by turning down goals, I'd just direct you to the fact that a United side who are order of magnitude worse than any CL opponent we might get are still in this tie because as soon as we stopped attacking, they scored.
Tbf they scored because we were lapse in their half and after giving them the ball fell asleep. Not because we stopped attacking. Which we did, granted.

I thought his comment in the interview said it all. Second half ‘save your legs, but if there’s a goal there take it’. We have done that a lot in the past where we all think we will win 5/6 nil, but actually pep tells them to save themselves. Could of won that 7/8 -0, but I’ll happily take 3-1. Delighted.

That’s ridiculous. It was a 2 legged tie and that was more one sided than the 6-1 for large parts but we didn’t kill it. The 2-3 game a couple of years ago was also a game where there was a bigger gulf than the 6-1 and we missed shitloads and paid the price. Great result but we should have killed it tonight and turning back when on the other teams box in a good position is very rarely a good thing to do.

We were shit in the final third all game. We scored two, they scored one for us, we missed about three sitters and did the wrong thing with final balls all game.

Thought we played very well in midfield and at the back though. Thought we controlled the tempo of the game throughout, passed the ball well for the most part, restricted them to half chances and nothing crosses. Walker was magnificent, as was Bernardo who was fucking everywhere. Bar a few dodgy passes Fernandinho was great and Otamendi was a rock.

We are not clinical in front of goal though. That was easily a 1-5 performance that we didn’t capitalise on in front of goal and we’ve given them a glimmer of hope from a tie that should be completely over.
Harsh but true.

Very obviously a brilliant first half......but Sterling hasn’t been on it for a while and as soon as De Bruyne tires and starts to throw his hands up in frustration he needs to be hooked. Lazy by him for their goal.
Good result but tie should have been over.......shows how far we have come if we can be disappointed after beating United.
No, YOU are disappointed, not WE.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.