#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is. Aguero is a better goalscorer than Jesus. Even if he isn't prime Aguero anymore. He is still better. But our whole team is better when Jesus plays. Same with Bernado or Foden over Dave. The younger guys just make our press work better. It's an inconvenient truth that this is the case.

Yep yep yep..

We should ask only one question -> When and with what players - team plays better..

That's the real question - that's what matters..

Is Firmino better goalscorer than Jesus or Aguero ? Nope

Can Liverpool buy the better goalscorer than Firmino ? Yep

But is Firmino the best player available - with whom Liverpool plays better and at its best ? YEP

City should be doing the same.. Not the best players, not the best goalscorers - but the players -> Who improve the team and with whom the team in overall - plays BETTER

And since the Chelsea away game in 2017/2018 - I am pretty much convinced that with Jesus, team plays better and looks stronger..

Last edited:
Impressive outing.

I'll stress it again. He's not Aguero, but there's things he does brilliantly on his own regard. Some of his touches in tight spaces and his movement and link up play can be class. Nice finish for the goal too.

And he's 22.

Hes good player but misses too many chances for my liking. Left wing could be his place maybe and bring in long term Aguero replacement in summer? Think we have foreign spots to do that.

Heard the commentators say in the last 11 games him and Aguero have started together they have scored 20 goals.

He is definitely first choice for that left wing spot currently, offers much more than Sterling on current form.

You can see how much space they open up for each other. 3v2 in the box today as opposed to 3v1 if we'd played Sterling instead and both benefitted a lot.
Absolutely. Sometimes I feel that when either of them are on their own they play as if they're under a bit of pressure. They felt so loose, if that makes sense.

Another note for Jesus, it was a very accomplished finish on his weaker foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.