Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Spurs were decent yesterday, considering the quality of the opposition, how shit we've been of late and how many key injuries we have. Think we were worth a draw overall.

Any of you care to comment on some of the refereeing decisions? Seemed to me that Van Djik, Mane and Henderson all got away with yellow card offences but, having been at the game, I haven't seen replays. And I know you fellas keep a close eye on Liverpool games!

They got away with murder but then they always do, no pun intended.

Robertson is a red card all day long yet VAR doesnt even check it.

No bookings as you say for constant fouls.

VAR took 0.0000001 seconds to rule out handball for their goal in the build up which is quite remarkable.

Unlucky yesterday against Liverpool FC and Stockley Park.

Off a Spurs forum lol!

I do think high press teams that commit tactical fouls like Liverpool and City get away with an insane amount of shit. Yesterday Liverpool should have had about 5 yellows and a red.

Thought Spurs were decent yesterday, considering the quality of the opposition, how shit we've been of late and how many key injuries we have. Think we were worth a draw overall.

Any of you care to comment on some of the refereeing decisions? Seemed to me that Van Djik, Mane and Henderson all got away with yellow card offences but, having been at the game, I haven't seen replays. And I know you fellas keep a close eye on Liverpool games!
I thought by the end of the game Spurs players really believed that they could get something out of the game and there were some outstanding individual moments. It was a good 2nd half. I liked Loucas Moura's performance.

Liverpool rode their luck for sure. They have benefited a lot from refereeing decisions and did again yesterday. City went to Anfield earlier this season and it felt like robbery.

Can SPurs put a consistent run together to get the 4th spot? I have a feeling Man Utd are going to spend big to try and get the 4th spot but Chelsea should do it.

I thought Livarpool were the better team yesterday but Spurs had the better chances. Pochettino's energetic, pressing style has given way to Mourinho's dropping off, keeping numbers deep and hitting "early" long balls to the front. This doesn't seem to be the game best suited to players like Son and Moura (or Kane when fit), and isn't traditional Spurs. And Spurs seemed to have the infuriating habit of playing it back inside when breaking instead of spreading it wide to the likes of Rose. Delli seems to have difficulty influencing games consistently as well. In conclusion, I think Spurs should have got a point yesterday, over 90 minutes they can make it hard for anyone and can beat Livarpool on occasions but over a 38 game season they are some way short of the the consistency required at the top level. Mourinho has a job to do and from the crowd reaction the first step may well be getting Eriksen as far away as possible! Whether some other "big names" are prepared to give manager and club time in the hope they can transform the club remains to be seen.

Spurs were camped in their own half for the vast majority of the game and couldn’t get the ball off Liverpool , they had a late flurry and a couple of good chances (which Kane would of buried) but they didn’t deserve anything out that game and I can’t see them getting top 4

Spurs were camped in their own half for the vast majority of the game and couldn’t get the ball off Liverpool , they had a late flurry and a couple of good chances (which Kane would of buried) but they didn’t deserve anything out that game and I can’t see them getting top 4

Where was he in the Champions League final?? Wouldn't of done any better in last nights game either if he wasn't injured.

For the first 60 minutes, Spurs were under the cosh. But injuries, lack of confidence and the opposition dictated that we had to sit deep and weather the storm. Pressing high would have been suicidal. In the final 30 minutes, after Liverpool tired, Spurs had loads of good chances to equalise.

Possession stat was very much in Liverpool's favour but a fair bit of it was of the meaningless variety. Shot stats were even - Spurs 14 (4 on target) to Liverpool's 13 ((7 on target). Add in that Liverpool's goal came from a wrongly awarded throw in, that they should have been down to ten men (Robertson off), and that at least three others should have been yellow carded but weren't and I'd say that Spurs can feel a tad hard done by not to have got a point.

We probably won't make top four this year but there is hope in the equally patchy form of rivals for fourth.

For the first 60 minutes, Spurs were under the cosh. But injuries, lack of confidence and the opposition dictated that we had to sit deep and weather the storm. Pressing high would have been suicidal. In the final 30 minutes, after Liverpool tired, Spurs had loads of good chances to equalise.

Possession stat was very much in Liverpool's favour but a fair bit of it was of the meaningless variety. Shot stats were even - Spurs 14 (4 on target) to Liverpool's 13 ((7 on target). Add in that Liverpool's goal came from a wrongly awarded throw in, that they should have been down to ten men (Robertson off), and that at least three others should have been yellow carded but weren't and I'd say that Spurs can feel a tad hard done by not to have got a point.

We probably won't make top four this year but there is hope in the equally patchy form of rivals for fourth.

fair assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.