Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first 60 minutes, Spurs were under the cosh. But injuries, lack of confidence and the opposition dictated that we had to sit deep and weather the storm. Pressing high would have been suicidal. In the final 30 minutes, after Liverpool tired, Spurs had loads of good chances to equalise.

Possession stat was very much in Liverpool's favour but a fair bit of it was of the meaningless variety. Shot stats were even - Spurs 14 (4 on target) to Liverpool's 13 ((7 on target). Add in that Liverpool's goal came from a wrongly awarded throw in, that they should have been down to ten men (Robertson off), and that at least three others should have been yellow carded but weren't and I'd say that Spurs can feel a tad hard done by not to have got a point.

We probably won't make top four this year but there is hope in the equally patchy form of rivals for fourth.

In this day and age you'd think the Premier League would come up with some sort of Video Aid to assist the Referees, it would help them out and make the game a lot fairer for all and would stop teams like Liverpool gaining the unfair advantages you refer to above ..!

I don't know why this hasn't been thought of yet to be honest..!

Great idea, I'm sure everyone would love it too..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.