#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't really play wing today. He played on the left of a fairly central 3.

I personally think you could stick him as either a forward or a winger and it would work.
I would say he alternated between winger and centre forward, which is usually what happens with any player playing on the wing in Pep’s system, be it Gabby, Leroy, Raheem, Riyad, or Bernardo. Sometimes they hug the touch line, sometimes they move to the channel in between the centreback and fullback to create a passing lane or make space for a midfielder/fullback coming forward.

I think his best performances for club and country have tended to be when he is on the left side, able to drift in, make use of his exceptional dribbling skills, and interchange with the forwards and attacking midfielders, which is more difficult as an out-and-out striker.

He can absolutely do a good job as the lone forward, but I just don’t think that is where is gifts are utilised to the fullest extent possible.

I would say he alternated between winger and centre forward, which is usually what happens with any player playing on the wing in Pep’s system, be it Gabby, Leroy, Raheem, Riyad, or Bernardo. Sometimes they huge the touch line, sometimes they move to the channel in between the centreback and fullback to create a passing lane or make space for a midfielder/fullback coming forward.

I think his best performances for club and country have tended to be when he is on the left side, able to drift in, make use of his exceptional dribbling skills, and interchange with the forwards and attacking midfielders, which is more difficult as an out-and-out striker.

He can absolutely do a good job as the lone forward, but I just don’t think that is where is gifts are utilised to the fullest extent possible.
I think that's a fair point of view.

Impressive outing.

I'll stress it again. He's not Aguero, but there's things he does brilliantly on his own regard. Some of his touches in tight spaces and his movement and link up play can be class. Nice finish for the goal too.

And he's 22.

Yeah, Jesus to me seems like a very versatile forward who would probably thrive best in a two striker formation. Aguero is more of an out-and-out striker but is skilled enough that he can play in a two or lead the line on his own. Both exceptional players, but it is nice for us to have strikers who have a few differences in their games.

Yeah, Jesus to me seems like a very versatile forward who would probably thrive best in a two striker formation. Aguero is more of an out-and-out striker but is skilled enough that he can play in a two or lead the line on his own. Both exceptional players, but it is nice for us to have strikers who have a few differences in their games.
That's the simplest yet most effective way to describe how I see it too.

Should have got a few goals yesterday. Missed a couple of easy chances.

But his overall play was better than Sterling has fished up this season.

Ok performance... 3 glaring misses that Sterling would get 3-5 pages worth of complaints about. Just wanted to point out the inconsistency btw this thread and the Sterling thread one. Especially after games where he only scores 1 games.

Do like him and Aguero partnership, however lets see how they do against better opposition.

Ok performance... 3 glaring misses that Sterling would get 3-5 pages worth of complaints about. Just wanted to point out the inconsistency btw this thread and the Sterling thread one. Especially after games where he only scores 1 games.

Do like him and Aguero partnership, however lets see how they do against better opposition.

City 5-0 Liverpool
Watford 0-5 City
Watford 0-6 City
Feyenoord 0-4 City
Man City 6-1 Huddersfield Town

There's a precedent for games when Aguero and Jesus have started together and both scored...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.