Would you like a big house ?

Got a little 2 bed semi detached man pad. I can only be in one room at a time so what is the point of anything bigger. Busy full time job so keeping it clean and neat and tidy is easy. Bills are cheap. Everything I need fits in it. Im not one for stuff either, only got what I need. Couldnt be arsed bothering with a big house, too much hassle
Exactly the same as me that mate.

My spare room would only fit a single bed so I have a fold-up bed in there and use it as the room to dry my clothes and do the ironing in.

Anything else: small kitchen for cooking, small bathroom for washing and shitting, living room for watching tele and listening to music, also have my table in there to eat off, and bedroom for sleeping.

I don’t need any more space or rooms than that.

It is funny how we are still building houses that were designed for 1950's living. Then you had a back room where you all congregated and a front room that was posh with a dinner table in it and where you went with relatives on a Sunday. I have that type of house, the front room is only used by Mrs Mist when I am swearing at the tele as City are shit on again. It is currently used to dry the washing !

Anyway, has Worsley piped up yet ? His gaf must be 18 bedrooms easy. As for GDM...………………...

'When I was at home I was in a better place'

William Shakespeare

'As You Like It' (1599) act 2, sc. 4, l. [16]

For the last 20 years we have lived in a large Victorian semi detached just outside Edinburgh. Originally bought to house our teenage kids, they are now long fledged and its just the two of us in a big house surrounded on three sides by good sized gardens and court yard. We did talk seriously about downsizing when I retired but decided against it. We have colonised the space freed up by the kids as they left. One room a gym room, one room now my Study that houses my fly tying desk and all my City stuff. One room a media room. We have the house now just as we like it and we use every room, every day. The gardens are just so and are another 'hobby' that keeps me busy. Frankly, when I leave this house it will be feet first in a box.

Anyway, has Worsley piped up yet ? His gaf must be 18 bedrooms easy....………………...

Hollowed out volcano.

latest

Just me and the wife, lived in a small apartment, 2 bed, 1 double 1 single for 14 years last year moved to a 3 bedroom house. Can say I am equally as happy in both, now have a dedicated office, proper spare bedroom conservatory, garden, garage etc but I was as happy in the flat as I was here, if you're happy you're happy. The flat was less work but the house has more space, coping with either is fine, I don't do anything different now than I used to. We also never had a car now we have 2 cars and I can't say I really notice the difference. Funnily enough the thing that made me move to England was my mum and dad downsizing from a big house when I was 22, I got the message loud and clear :-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.